website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

15 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

Well breaking was the only really controversial, and as far as I know it will not come back in LA.

Re Skateboarding I don't see if snowboarding can be at the winter Olympics why cannot be skateboarding in the summer one. So I am ok with this one (moreover I like to watch it haha)

Surfing and sport climbing are even more "legit" than skateboarding.

It will be more interesting what attitude will the eventual IOC president show towards a Saudi/Qatari/Emirati OG.

Hopefully at least for 2036 this bullet can be dodged.

On the other hand those hosts at least would build a decent olympic village with air conditioning 😁 😁 😁 

What do you think about an incorporation of the E-sports to the olympic program?

The biggest hurdle for esports is creating a unifying sports federation. The scene is way too fragmented plus you have the issue of video game companies wanting a say on how their games are represented. It's just not worth the headache at this point.

We will also have to have a shift of acceptance towards "mind sports" like chess which is already a huge hurdle for some people.

26 minutes ago, konig said:

The next South Americans Games will be in Argentina 2026 and.......it will have E-sports, i inform you, is not 100% abstract the topic.

Southeast Asians already had this thing as medal event since 2019. The game titles keep changing except Mobile Legends which is basically the opium of the youth in this region.

I am glad that they don’t have a proper united world federation and IOC decided to create a separate event for this.

But hey we don’t know what kind of U-Turn IOC would do, so my only wish is that the IOC include it in the Olympic Games programme after I am no longer around so I don’t have to cope with it :lol: 

6 hours ago, konig said:

What do you think about an incorporation of the E-sports to the olympic program?

For me this will mean the end of olympics. BTW, is there aby chance to let Guadeloupe, Martinique, Greenland, Faroe Islands, Curacao etc have their chance to compete on equal basis as Bermuda etc?

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

The position of Curaçao is explained at the Wikipedia page about the Netherlands Antilles Olympic Committee. The Dutch Wikipedia states that the IOC gave a way out, but that possibility was torpoed by the then PM of the Netherlands Antilles who chose to litigate.

16 minutes ago, Noorderling29 said:

The position of Curaçao is explained at the Wikipedia page about the Netherlands Antilles Olympic Committee. The Dutch Wikipedia states that the IOC gave a way out, but that possibility was torpoed by the then PM of the Netherlands Antilles who chose to litigate.

Yes, i know this status. St. Martin, Sint Marten etc. I rather wonder if IOC could open the 2nd window to federations not being indenpendent countries once again. Such entities could have chosen to compete, maybe now some other would also have that chance. Curacao too. Let's say those which have 5 active disciplines (federations). 

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it