website statistics

Rugby 7s

Josh

Women’s team is through to their second semifinal of the season (first was Dubai) after defeating United States 12-10 at the HSBC Vancouver SVNS! First time since 2017 that they’ve made it this far at a home tournament!

Edited by Josh

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

I’ll be there tomorrow! But will plan to show up after the 9th and 11th place matches, so won’t see the Canadian men play (grabbing breakfast with friends instead).

Ha. It’s funny I live in Vancouver but am out of town this weekend. I’ve never once been to the Rugby 7’s 😂

• 2 months later...

HSBC SVNS Singapore is on right now. Wouldn’t normally mention any of the action before the event ends unless any big wins happen, but I just wanted to discuss something. What’s going on with our men’s team? In Singapore, they started off with close loses to New Zealand (22-17, off a last minute try by Kitiona Vay) and Australia (21-14), which are good results. Can’t read too much into that though, usually they play at least one close match every event against a strong team, and then finish in dead last. That shouldn’t be happening. 

11 hours ago, Josh said:

HSBC SVNS Singapore is on right now. Wouldn’t normally mention any of the action before the event ends unless any big wins happen, but I just wanted to discuss something. What’s going on with our men’s team? In Singapore, they started off with close loses to New Zealand (22-17, off a last minute try by Kitiona Vay) and Australia (21-14), which are good results. Can’t read too much into that though, usually they play at least one close match every event against a strong team, and then finish in dead last. That shouldn’t be happening. 

They just can't finish. This is commonly seen in inexperience teams or teams with a mental block.

The good news is we have the talent so once we get a better coaching staff we could be something special.