website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

Watching the cycling here on Eurosport (UK) (in the background for now) and they just had a pretty long ad "watch every unmissable moment at the Olympics only on Discovery Plus"

Didn't see the small print but I think it's bad news for those of you with the Eurosport player in the UK

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found in our medias that In SVK it will be Eurosport 1 & 2 (Czech versions and commentary) and everything else in their platform : Eurosport Player.

and obviously the main events in our public TV, RTVS 2 (aiming for Slovak athletes and the most important sports, Canoe Slalom, Canoe Sprint, Athletics)

In the article I also found this:

Olympijské hry v Tokiu 2020 bude možné sledovať na Discovery + v Dánsku, Fínsku, Taliansku, Holandsku, Nórsku, Švédsku, Španielsku a Veľkej Británii. Na všetkých ostatných európskych trhoch s výnimkou Ruska budú Letné olympijské hry Tokio 2020 k dispozícii na Eurosporte.

Translation:

The Tokyo 2020 Olympics will be available at Discovery + in Denmark, Finland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Spain and the United Kingdom. In all other European markets except Russia, the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics will be available on Eurosport.

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Hang on, mate, do you have shares in Eurosport Player?  :mumble:

No, but I do have a large Eurosport Player flag above my bed :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

27 minutes ago, hckošice said:

The Tokyo 2020 Olympics will be available at Discovery + in Denmark, Finland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Spain and the United Kingdom.

Oh shit

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

23 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Looks as though here we'll have both Eurosport Player, which will remain until at least early 2022, and Discovery+. Not sure whether one or the other will have more streams, but it does appear that the Player will still remain an option at least for Tokyo.

I might get a month subscription for Discovery+ (I mean, I'll get two fewer bottles of guaraná this month and the money is back) just to try it out and get used to it in case I do have to suddenly switch :d 

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

I just found in our medias that In SVK it will be Eurosport 1 & 2 (Czech versions and commentary) and everything else in their platform : Eurosport Player.

and obviously the main events in our public TV, RTVS 2 (aiming for Slovak athletes and the most important sports, Canoe Slalom, Canoe Sprint, Athletics)

In the article I also found this:

Olympijské hry v Tokiu 2020 bude možné sledovať na Discovery + v Dánsku, Fínsku, Taliansku, Holandsku, Nórsku, Švédsku, Španielsku a Veľkej Británii. Na všetkých ostatných európskych trhoch s výnimkou Ruska budú Letné olympijské hry Tokio 2020 k dispozícii na Eurosporte.

Translation:

The Tokyo 2020 Olympics will be available at Discovery + in Denmark, Finland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Spain and the United Kingdom. In all other European markets except Russia, the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics will be available on Eurosport.

I wonder are they including Ireland in the United Kingdom? :d 

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

You feel yourself being part of UK ? :d

I didn’t see Ireland mentioned but I thought for us is was going to be on Discovery+. I still don’t have certainty on whether it will be on the Eurosport player or Discovery in Ireland. I’ll probably end up subscribing to Discovery just to be sure :wall: