website statistics

Archery WA World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Pretty good first day for Germany. Obviously the men's team was disappointing. Does anyone know the score of their lost match against the US? (The "live" scoring didn't really help)

I think that the women's team (sadly) will finish 4th. Mexico looks like the favorite for gold and the other two teams also scored clearly higher in the quarterfinal.

I don't see the inexperienced Dutch girls cope well with the pressure. Germany will probably take the bronze, unless we can surprise France.

44 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Pretty good first day for Germany. Obviously the men's team was disappointing. Does anyone know the score of their lost match against the US? (The "live" scoring didn't really help)

I think that the women's team (sadly) will finish 4th. Mexico looks like the favorite for gold and the other two teams also scored clearly higher in the quarterfinal.

lost 5- 3 vs indonesia

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

I wish this was the final match; I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but both teams have shown better performances than the French and Dutch (with a Mexican born element) teams.

9 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

At Olympics and in some continental games (like the EG), all the matches are covered by streaming :evil:

We’ve actually yet to have a multi-sport games this cycle where that’s been the case. European Games streamed some, but not all, preliminary matches.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

:GER men lost to :INA in the round of 16

the score was 3-5 in terms of sets (53-53, 54-52, 54-56, 51-52 the single sets)

4 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) Is there any livestream?

2) Will the mixed recurve team final take place today?

1) only for the semi/finals sessions on Friday and Sunday (it should be on both the Olympic Channel and the Youtube Page of World Archery, depending on the location)

2) no, it will take place on Friday (Bronze Medal match @ 6.04 p.m. CET; Gold Medal match @ 6.23 p.m. CET)

So all :GBR men crash out of the competition in the first round - really not sure what has happened to Monty Orton, his performance is way down on what he achieved in European Games last month.

On women's side, Louisa Piper pulled off a bit of a shock by taking out world number 22 Kuo Tzu Ying :TPE

:INASalsabilla has knocked out Olympic medalist Furukawa:JPN

:GEOMakievi having no trouble dispatching Jean Charles Valladont:FRA

:CZEVaneckova ranked 101th barely made the cut off but performed brilliantly to reach R32. 

Edited by Fly_like_a_don