website statistics

Women's Rugby Sevens Tournament at the European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 4 months later...

As I expected the first leg of the European Championships in Algarve this week-end will determine the seeds for the Krakow OQT. 

:POL :BEL :CZE :ROU

:IRL :ESP :GER :SWE

:GBR :FRA :ITA :POR

France and Ireland are not concerned, though Ireland was set to take part to the European Games. That could shake the order of those seeds.

Algarve 7s results :

1. :FRA 
  2. :GBR 
  3. :IRL
  4. :POL
  5. :ESP
  6. :BEL
  7. :GER
  8. :CZE
  9. :ITA
  10. :POR
  11. :SWE
  12. :ROU

As Ireland and France are already qualified, GB-Poland in the semis was a rehearsal of a potential OQT final. GB have the edge obviously but the match against Spain in QF shows that nothing is set in stone. Belgium look a bit further, the other teams even more.

As for Ireland they look pretty toothless without Mulhall/Murphy-Crowe, but their main goal of the year has been achieved so probably some unwinding here. France on the other hand brought a really strong team, the best of the year I'd say, with key players coming back from injury.

Pools for Krakow :

:GBR :CZE :ITA :NOR

:POL :GER :POR :TUR

:ESP :BEL :SWE :ROU

Edited by SalamAkhi

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Although in other sports this week, GBR have been demonstrating uncanny ability to under perform when it really matters 

Among the girls there is a big difference in level; so I don't see who can prevent you from earning the quota. For men it will be hot between Ireland and Great Britain.