website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

It's just easier for those sites to take the top 3 from each event and construct a medal table. They would have to factor in how big of a favourite each nation would be in each event and I imagine for some events they would have little data to create a proper distribution.

11 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It's just easier for those sites to take the top 3 from each event and construct a medal table. They would have to factor in how big of a favourite each nation would be in each event and I imagine for some events they would have little data to create a proper distribution.

They have huge amounts of data (Gracenote at least) for every Olympic sport, surely they could do better.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

As i've said many times, it should be 3 full weeks. There are just so damn many things at the same time. They already have stuff on the prior wednesday-friday. Just have the opening ceremony on a tuesday (the TV audience would much more like that, than on a friday) and start a few other sports from wednesday. Swimming and athletics cross-matching on 3 days is a no-no. Also i wish just once, that wrestling is in the beginning and judo is in the second half. Always starting with judo in every multi-sport event..

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

They have huge amounts of data (Gracenote at least) for every Olympic sport, surely they could do better.

It also comes down to money, most buyers are satisfied with the level of service (and lack of other options) and for the most part, their results aren't too terrible overall. Besides, if a nation over/underperforms they can easily claim/blame that difference on the athletes.

It's just not worth their time and money to create a better table that won't differ too much. If I had all the time and money in the world I wouldn't mind giving a crack at it, but alas.

10 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

As i've said many times, it should be 3 full weeks. There are just so damn many things at the same time. They already have stuff on the prior wednesday-friday. Just have the opening ceremony on a tuesday (the TV audience would much more like that, than on a friday) and start a few other sports from wednesday. Swimming and athletics cross-matching on 3 days is a no-no. Also i wish just once, that wrestling is in the beginning and judo is in the second half. Always starting with judo in every multi-sport event..

To be fair, swimming has morning finals, so nothing important will cross. :p

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

To be fair, swimming has morning finals, so nothing important will cross. :p

I'd just like to make sure you're not one of those idiots who says race walking is 'nothing important'? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'd just like to make sure you're not one of those idiots who says race walking is 'nothing important'? :p 

Men's 20 km will be held from 6 to 7:30 AM, way ahead of swimming.

I guess many corporate lawyers will watch that before going to work in downtown Tokyo. :)

#banbestmen

29 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Not at the 2019 Pan American Games

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh, so my dad :p. I really want to go to it, but he is very against it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Oh, so my dad :p. I really want to go to it, but he is very against it.

Sorry, but he's out of the game.