website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

And if sports changes in the slightest you’re generation becomes a bunch of crying little bitches that preach the end of days! You complain about the younger generation constantly, without even trying what we suggest. I love distance events. The only sports I do are distance events. The 50km still exists, it’s just been improved.

The world has changed. People are busy and have less “free time”. It shouldn’t mean the end of distance events, but we have to find ways to cater to new fans.

You're fighting another political war. I'm OUT.

Go insult someone else. You have insulted me enough already with the "Poles are racist pricks" comments so I should have known better.

Now you're calling me a crying litte bitch. Geez, just how evil are you?

You've ruined the thread about the best winter sport there is.

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

And will that be an actual biathlon weapon, or the by then 'improved' biathlon weapon of choice...AKA a laser rifle? :evil: 

Honestly, I just imagined that after I proposed this idea, the other Totallympics members would rally behind me with:

"You'll have my staff"

"And my bow"

"And MY AXE" 

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Iron Mountain doesn't even have an elevator along the ski jumping hill and you have to climb the hill by foot. Time stood still there since 1996. But they actually hosted the FIS Cup last weekend.

Over in Thunder Bay they have demolished the 1995 World Champs ski jumping hill complex already. It's tough to come there if there is no facility to begin with :p

Because Europeans throw a fit when winter sports leave the continent. Ski Jumping hills are expensive to maintain, and those little communities don’t have the money. There are actually quite a few hills still in operation though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

At least we see something different every run though.

Yeah, one grabs a board a little different or twists 2 degrees the other way or something. And if we're watching the women's competitions there's even less diversity in actions, a twist here, a twist there, that's it. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Me reading this thread:

bill hader popcorn GIF

I wonder how we came from everybody was in favour of having more Individuals, to some saying "your generation has destroyed all traditions in winter sports" or "your generation's greatest contribution was doped athletes"? :lol:

The internet is indeed a fascinating place...

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

They're trying though, and they should also have the balls to sometimes just say "Nah, this isn't it" instead of elevating everything they try to World Cup status anyway "because we can".

Yes, that is exactly what we’ve been saying. We shouldn’t eliminate the individual, but maybe we should modify the format.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

Honestly, I just imagined that after I proposed this idea, the other Totallympics members would rally behind me with:

"You'll have my sword"

"And my bow"

"And MY AXE" 

Fixed that for you :p 

I'll bring my little axe though. Fuck the haters.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, that is exactly what we’ve been saying. We shouldn’t eliminate the individual, but maybe we should modify the format.

That's what they've been doing with the so-called 'short individual'. They should now also have the balls to say "Nope, that didn't actually change anything, so let's forget that."

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I have seen the change already. 10k mass start in cross country. And Johaug still wins. The more things change the more they stay the same :p

The point of changing an event is to make it more interesting and competitive. At least Johaug’s competitors can see her, and fans can see the actual difference in skills. 

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Because Europeans throw a fit when winter sports leave the continent. Ski Jumping hills are expensive to maintain, and those little communities don’t have the money. There are actually quite a few hills still in operation though.

Pretty much the entire top of the world of ski jumping goes to Japan without a problem though. The issue is not 'leaving Europe', the bigger issue is the USA doesn't have it's things in order.