website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

One interesting thing from the Constitution:

LIST OF MEMBERS OF THE IBU

The IBU currently has 54 full member federations:

01 ARG Argentina 02 ARM Armenia 03 AUS Australia 04 AUT Austria 05 BEL Belgium 06 BIH Bosnia and Herzegovina 07 BLR Belarus 08 BRA Brazil 09 BUL Bulgaria 10 CAN Canada 11 CHI Chile 12 CHN China 13 CRO Croatia 14 CYP Cyprus 15 CZE Czech Republic 16 DEN Denmark 17 ESP Spain 18 EST Estonia 19 FIN Finland 20 FRA France 21 GBR Great Britain 22 GEO Georgia 23 GER Germany 24 GRE Greece 25 GRL Greenland 26 HUN Hungary 27 IND India 28 IRL Ireland 29 ITA Italy 30 JPN Japan 31 KAZ Kazakhstan 32 KGZ Kyrgyzstan 33 KOR Korea 34 LAT Latvia 35 LIE Liechtenstein 36 LTU Lithuania 37 MDA Moldova 38 MGL Mongolia 39 MKD North Macedonia 40 NED Netherlands 41 NOR Norway 42 NZL New Zealand 43 POL Poland 44 ROU Romania 45 SLO Slovenia 46 SRB Serbia 47 SUI Switzerland 48 SVK Slovakia 49 SWE Sweden 50 TPE Chinese Taipei 51 TUR Turkey 52 UKR Ukraine 53 USA USA 54 UZB Uzbekistan

The IBU currently has five provisional members: 01 AND Andorra 02 DOM Dominican Republic 03 ISL Iceland 04 MEX Mexico 05 RUS Russia

So Russia is on the same level as Dominican Republic!  That is amazing.

From the Biathlon Guide,

• It is interesting that on pages 58-61, they include the North American Races and the South American Championships on the calendar. 
  • Pages 62 through 66 list the prize money per race.
  • Martell only has seats for 1000 people and only allow 500 additional people on the course.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I thought cross-country skiing became the main focus? :yikes:

Next season, there's still plenty of IBU Cup action on the schedule this winter :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

• Martell only has seats for 1000 people and only allow 500 additional people on the course.

Seats? In Martell? I'm going to say a big fat 'nope' to that :p You can either stay inside some sort of restaurant that has a balcony on two levels (put 1000 people there and you'll get on CNN for the disaster probably) or stand at the finish line or a little before on some snowy and slippery rocks, but that's about it. No seats there (like in any other IBU Cup venue I've seen).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, dcro said:

Anything we may see online?

Ridnaun will apparently be the first IBU Cup with a live stream :cheer:

53 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Hey, is anyone going for some event this year (for @brunamoura it's a rethorical question ;) ). I was thinking about going for a weekend to IBU Cup in Duszniki.

Not entirely sure, but if I go, it'll definitely be an IBU Cup and probably the one in Arber. Good atmosphere there, good town to stay in (not too big, not some middle of nowhere kind of place neither), excellent.

36 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

Not entirely sure, but if I go, it'll definitely be an IBU Cup and probably the one in Arber. Good atmosphere there, good town to stay in (not too big, not some middle of nowhere kind of place neither), excellent.

And... Of course, Mars (chocolate) for free ?

3 horas atrás, dcro disse:

I thought cross-country skiing became the main focus? :yikes:

The federation will give me a support for the winter season only if I compete Biathlon. At least I managed to include the cross country races in Nove Mesto (end of January/beginning of February) in my schedule [IF nothing changes and suddenly they decide to send me to Ravna Gora or even decide not to go anywhere so I have to stay in Livigno ?] let's hope they keep the schedule. A Sprint + 5km F + 7.5km Mass Start would be cool!

2 minutes ago, brunamoura said:

The federation will give me a support for the winter season only if I compete Biathlon. At least I managed to include the cross country races in Nove Mesto (end of January/beginning of February) in my schedule [IF nothing changes and suddenly they decide to send me to Ravna Gora or even decide not to go anywhere so I have to stay in Livigno ?] let's hope they keep the schedule. A Sprint + 5km F + 7.5km Mass Start would be cool!

Ravna Gora ("Flat Mountain") is cool. :d But also very hit-or-miss with snow conditions. Either there is a lot of it, or none of it at all.

#banbestmen