website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Out of curiousity I thought I'd check if there's nice betting options there, but other than Best Production Design, all of the 'Will win' options are the betting favourites as well, too bad :p 

Honestly you should go with @Olympian1010 predictions hehe. He has some picks that are being considered "spoilers" by the experts, such as "The Zone of Interest" in Sound and "Red, White and Blue" in Live Actin Short. Also the combo of "Poor Things" for Costume Design/Production Design is safer now than my picks for "Barbie".

My predictions are holding strong so far…only one miss in makeup :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

My predictions are holding strong so far…only one miss in makeup :yes

Yeah, they really love "Poor Things", thought "Barbie" was stronger but apparently it will only win Best Song. Strangely enough they're leaving all the Oppenheimer awards for later.

The Last Repair Shop wins! I wasn’t certain, but I’m so happy. It’s such a great love letter to power of music, education, and the beauty of Los Angeles :wub:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The fact that the Cheetos Song, nothing more than a cheap jingle IMO, got a nod indicates that the Academy prefers to look inclusive rather than do a thorough job with nominations.

2 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

The fact that the Cheetos Song, nothing more than a cheap jingle IMO, got a nod indicates that the Academy prefers to look inclusive rather than do a thorough job with nominations.

Well, Diane Warren needs her nomination :evil:

13 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

As @Olympian1010 reminded us, they'll nominate any song Diane Warren writes. In the past decade she has been nominated multiple times for abhorrent work.

11 minutes ago, Josh said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but Barbie is one of the most overrated movies I’ve ever watched. Personally wasn’t a fan. 

I thought it was fun. It was great movie to go out and see with my friends and family. I do think it honestly injected some life back into the film scene in the US.