website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

49 minutes ago, konig said:

Somebody from "not spanish language countries" watch "La casa de papel"?

Millions of people, I guess :p Haven't started yet, although for whatever reason Netflix always throws it in my face

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Damn right! One of the best TV dramas ever :cool: Haven't watched Part 4 yet, so no spoilers.

Which is an excellent 'rule of thumb' to live by in general in this thread. We don't have a spoiler function for no reason :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Has anyone here ever heard about this 'Breaking Bad'? :p 

Seriously, I've started with episode one about five times in the past years and never got past it, does it get any better than that lame-ass first episode? :d 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Has anyone here ever heard about this 'Breaking Bad'? :p 

Seriously, I've started with episode one about five times in the past years and never got past it, does it get any better than that lame-ass first episode? :d 

I know it’s regarding as one of the best television series of of all time. Personally, I haven’t watched it, and I’m not that interested in old media, so I probably won’t. I’m not a big fan of television unless it’s in the modern streaming format. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I know it’s regarding as one of the best television series of of all time. Personally, I haven’t watched it, and I’m not that interested in old media, so I probably won’t. I’m not a big fan of television unless it’s in the modern streaming format. 

This has almost literally nothing to do with it (since it's both not that old and it's available on streaming), but: ok :p 

Just now, heywoodu said:

This has almost literally nothing to do with it (since it's both not that old and it's available on streaming), but: ok :p 

It’s formatted for traditional television though, which means the creatively and storytelling as been highly restricted to an extent. There’s annoying cuts for commercials. Episodes are shorter than they could have been. That can’t use offensive language, images, symbols, etc. Basically the artist merit of the show has been restricted.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s formatted for traditional television though, which means the creatively and storytelling as been highly restricted to an extent. There’s annoying cuts for commercials. Episodes are shorter than they could have been. That can’t use offensive language, images, symbols, etc. Basically the artist merit of the show has been restricted.

That has never bothered me for a single moment, since there are no actual commercials and all that happens is it just moving to the next scene.

Anyway, I wasn't here for an entire analysis of 2019 vs 2018 vs pre-2017 and whatever (I like shows or I don't like shows, period), I wanted to know if Breaking Bad gets better after episode one or not. That's all :p