website statistics

Football 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Would be interesting to see mixed teams in team sports. 11 players, 5 men, 5 women, for one half the goalkeeper is a man and for the other half the goalkeeper is a woman ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Good god ... :mirror:

To describe your "analysis" (didn't know that you were a close follower of german football, where did you get your expertise?) with "absurd" would be underselling it. You said that the main reason was the lack of quality and i brought up Morroco + Argentina (current world champion) + Croatia (finished 3rd at the world cup) to prove that you can easily contend for the title or at least make the semifinal with less quality than Germany has. When you say something like "Germany usually had its star players ..." i have to assume that you are either trying to troll or just have zero understanding of german football and still somehow feel qualified to give your opinion. Germany pretty much never had the most amount of talent, they always relied on "german mentality" and great teamwork. When they reached the final in 2002 or 3rd place in 2006 they had a bunch of nobodies that outperformed teams with tons of stars (France, Brazil, England, Portugal).

The players that started the last world cup final for Argentina played for the following clubs:

2 x Benfica

2 x Atletico

Brighton

Lyon

Aston Villa

Juventus

Tottenham

City (Alvarez was mostly a bench player for City if i remember correctly)

PSG

Only 2 of their starting players played for top 10 clubs and one of them (Alvarez) wasn't even a starter (if i remember correctly).

The players that started the 3rd place match for Croatia at the last world cup played for the following clubs:

3 x Zagreb

Bayern (Stanisic was lightyears away from being a regular for Bayern)

Leipzig

Tottenham

Rennes

Chelsea

Real

Hoffenheim

Split

Only Gvardiol, Modric and Kovacic would have (maybe, not sure if Kovacic would have started over guys like Kimmich/Goretzka/Gündogan) started for Germany.

Alvarez is a substitute sometimes only because Haaland is in the same team, he starts for almost every other club in the world.  

I do wonder which are those "top 10 clubs" you mention though.  

I'm guessing Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona, City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, I guess you're including Chelsea and PSG and? 

All top teams in the world have game changer players , like Messi and Di Maria in Argentina , Neymar and Vinicius recently in Brazil , Mbappe and Griezman in France , Olmo for Spain , Harry Kane and Saka for England , Chiesa in Italy , Modric and Perisic for Croatia etc , but Germany doesn't have this player except for Musiala whom his curve is really down after Tuchel got in charge , German Players in Bayern Munich are one of the biggest reasons Bayern looks like clown every year in Quarterfinals especially last 2 seasons and that's why Tuchel was trying to sign non German players , succeeded with Kane , Laimer and Guerrero were the ones Nagelsmann chose before he left but he was turned down into many DMs he tried to sign just because the German players don't want to , even when they tried with Palinha it was too late to make the deal , players like Sane , Gnabry and Goretzka are the main reasons of Bayern Curve decline recently and they will never help Bayern or Germany to win Major trophies , just look how many easy chances Sane waste in the big matches with Bayern and Germany NT even he starts the season very well , his curve will downgrade just as last 3 seasons , Havertz last good season was back in 2021 when he was the main star of German team but since then he did nothing, ofc defense is a real problem with below average players except for Rudiger , Kimmich isn't a real leader like Lahm used to be with Bayern and Germany and he's interfering in many technical decisions by coaches in Bayern, so Germany NT needs someone that controls players before he chose the best group and I doubt even if Nagelsmann can do this , because he simply couldn't in Bayern and that's was the main reason he was fired 

4 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Persepolis gifted Ronaldo handmade Iranian Carpets before Al Nassr vs Perspolis Match in Asian CL 

so it made it to international news :d hope the rest doesn't ! I mean people trying to enter his hotel etc. really embarrassing :d

6 hours ago, MHSN said:

so it made it to international news :d hope the rest doesn't ! I mean people trying to enter his hotel etc. really embarrassing :d

Well this piece of news were also spread :d It's Ronaldo , anything related to him spread very fast, something Normal that people want to take photos with Ronaldo , i only blame Organizers for that mess , but maybe it's something new for them to deal with the situation. 

Edited by thepharoah