website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Did we (Hungarians) create this football table tennis thing (teqball) to prove that we are still good at football? :d

I am not sold on this... sport? But hey, at least Hungary can also create sports to win medals at multi-sport events!

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

If you were to judge the media attention of these games in your countries vs the European Championships, how would it goes ?

In France, I'd sayd, it will rank something like that :

- European Championships : 6/10

- European Games : 1/10 (basically World Games tier)

No live streams. Only a few articles when our guys win medals. Otherwise non existent. The fumiest thing were their athletics ones, where they had so many mistakes with times (they didn't even bother writing half of them) and they didn't know the rules (they didn't know what those team points meant). It looked like some student wrote it who had no knowledge about the sport. I mean they didn't even say a thing about the Croatian helping Vid Botolin when he bonked. The whole article was written by just looking at the final results table. People in the comments were more helpful with giving some explanations. 

European Championships were full live. Basically every day multiple streams about all sports. 

Edited by FireRun

These archery matches seem short to me. Up to 6 is good for early rounds, but maybe when you reach 1/4 & 1/2 it should be first to 8 and in the final first to 10. Up to 6 leaves very little room for a comeback, if you make a bad round or two.

38 minutes ago, FireRun said:

No live streams. Only a few articles when our guys win medals. Otherwise non existent. The fumiest thing were their athletics ones, where they had so many mistakes with times (they didn't even bother writing half of them) and they didn't know the rules (they didn't know what those team points meant). It looked like some student wrote it who had no knowledge about the sport. I mean they didn't even say a thing about the Croatian helping Vid Botolin when he bonked. The whole article was written by just looking at the final results table. People in the comments were more helpful with giving some explanations. 

European Championships were full live. Basically every day multiple streams about all sports. 

in Italy, this year's EGs, except for diving and athletics (which have been shown fully live by our public tv), the remaining sports have absolutely 0 relevance and / or attention.

no tv at all (they didn't even bothered to buy the rights).

last year's ECHs, it was just another story...full tv coverage and unusually high attention by the media (especially for athletics -they drew more interest of the world champs in Eugene- and swimming -despite being apart from the actual ECHs, but they were held in Rome, you know...).

1 hour ago, phelps said:

in Italy, this year's EGs, except for diving and athletics (which have been shown fully live by our public tv), the remaining sports have absolutely 0 relevance and / or attention.

no tv at all (they didn't even bothered to buy the rights).

last year's ECHs, it was just another story...full tv coverage and unusually high attention by the media (especially for athletics -they drew more interest of the world champs in Eugene- and swimming -despite being apart from the actual ECHs, but they were held in Rome, you know...).

I remember back in Baku 2015 we had most of the sports on our sport channel on tv. Then in Minsk 2019 that dropped down to just a few selected ones. And now this year it looks like zero live coverage other than news articles. Not even highlights or anything. I'm not saying this concept of Europan Games is all but dead, but something needs to change. 

2 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

If you were to judge the media attention of these games in your countries vs the European Championships, how would it goes ?

In France, I'd sayd, it will rank something like that :

- European Championships : 6/10

- European Games : 1/10 (basically World Games tier)

European Championships: 2/10 Full Athletics coverage, Canoe Sprint ? as well

European games : 0/10 Nothing, Zero, Nada... total nula interest, Total nula hype, Total nula information outside Slovak olympic Committe website

NHL Draft : 10/10 for almost a week now :p

SHOOTING

Women's Team 25m Pistol
Final Results

:UKR Ukraine

Olena Kostevych

Anastasiia Nimets

Yuliiya Korostylova

16 (439)

:POL Poland

Joanna Wawrzonowska

Klaudia Bres