website statistics

Athletics IAAF Diamond League 2019

Totallympics

Just now, heywoodu said:

We are watching the Super Diamond Golden League Mega Final.

Do you remember when the athletes used to get huge bars of chocolate wrapped in gold as a prize?

Edited by Grassmarket

Just now, Grassmarket said:

Do you remember when the athletes used to get huge bars of chocolate wrapped in gold as a prize?

I'm reminded every time I watch the shot put.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Recently while watching the Vuelta a España I learned the German word for this is apparently 'Vokuhila', from vorne kurz, hinten lang ("short in the front, long in the back") :d (Former pro Karsten Kroon tells interesting and totally unrelated stories during the stages :p ) One of my new favourite German words

Really? Here in Denmark we call it "Svensker garn" which translated means "Swedish haircut". I have no idea why? :p

Edited by wumo26

I hate that pretty much the only Beninese world class athlete is 'just' a pace runner :mad:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

800m's in over two minutes :whistle: #BringBackSemenya

Great diamond league finals for Cuba, they won 3 events (men's long jump, men's 110 m hurdles, women's discus throw)! I just wonder what happened to them in men's triple jump ... ?

My personal highlight was the guy in men's 1500 m with the patch on his nose (i assume he was the pacemaker?) who just went for it and almost made the top 5, great effort!

Also at this point i probably wouldn't bet anything on american women winning more than 2 individual golds (and 3 golds in total) in Doha.

Klosterhalfen should definitely race the 5000 m in Doha, but i fear this result will mean that she will instead race the 1500 m. In the 1500 m there are tons of girls who can beat her, but in the 5000 m i would only favor Hassan over her, assuming that neither Obiri nor Ayana will get back into shape until then.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, wumo26 said:

Really? Here in Denmark we call it "Svensker garn" which translated means "Swedish haircut". I have no idea why? :p

Here it's called a 'matje', which is the smaller version of 'mat'. Mat is pretty much this, which I think is the same in English but I'm not sure, hence the picture.