website statistics

Brits in Winter action

Grassmarket

2026 Men's Ice hockey qualifiers start with a 10-1 win over :CHN in Cardiff. Tomorrow we face :SRB and the day after that :ROU. In the other game in the group, :ROU beat :SRB 4-0.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

3 hours ago, Mkbw50 said:

2026 Men's Ice hockey qualifiers start with a 10-1 win over :CHN in Cardiff. Tomorrow we face :SRB and the day after that :ROU. In the other game in the group, :ROU beat :SRB 4-0.

Would be very disappointed if we don’t get a comfortable pass in this company at home, but the next tourney will be a lot harder.

On 1/15/2024 at 1:35 PM, Grassmarket said:

Must say I had given up on British Short Track after all the troubles and woes of Elise Christie.  OK, a European silver is good to have but the weight of the sport is in East Asia, but hopefully a bit more sponsorship and funding....

Niall Treacy: British short track skater wins 1,000m silver at European Championships - BBC Sport

Interesting to see Elise hit the headlines again this month. :yikes:

An 11-0 win over :SRB. As :ROU beat :CHN it's now an "all-or-nothing" match against :ROU

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

She's planning on flashing her bits and bobs on Onlyfans apparently. (and by bits and bobs I of course mean her medals :d)

Not planning...

PSA : Do not google carelessly.

25 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I think there was a Dutch gymnast who went a lot further than that in the past.

Not that I'm an expert in that kind of thing... :wub:

Didn't a group fo Romania gymnasts do something like that a couple of decades ago - I recall it being a scandal.

Can't say, given the body type typical of gymnasts, that I'd be very comfortable with that.

29 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Didn't a group fo Romania gymnasts do something like that a couple of decades ago - I recall it being a scandal.

Can't say, given the body type typical of gymnasts, that I'd be very comfortable with that.

I know someone who keeps an eye on those sorts of things,

I'll get back to you on this...