website statistics

Brits in Winter action

Grassmarket

Things going from bad to worse for :SCO in the curling - after losing to :NZL, they've been beaten by :ITA:DEN and they are currently getting trounced by :SWE

I know Muirhead had to go through the last chance qualifying, but if we have to go through that route again this time, I wouldn't have any confidence that Morrison can deliver an Olympic quota. 

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Things going from bad to worse for :SCO in the curling - after losing to :NZL, they've been beaten by :ITA:DEN and they are currently getting trounced by :SWE

I know Muirhead had to go through the last chance qualifying, but if we have to go through that route again this time, I wouldn't have any confidence that Morrison can deliver an Olympic quota. 

And I think that would be a major major blow. 2022 was already outside of curling a big step back and while results in other sports have been promising since and showing sevreal medal potentials Curling going so far backwards would be a big issue. Particularly as it takes up so much broadcast time and with the games in Italy they will be more focus. 

Edited by Orangehair43

8 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

And I think that would be a major major blow. 2022 was already outside of curling a big step back and while results in other sports have been promising since and showing sevreal medal potentials Curling going so far backwards would be a big issue. Particularly as it takes up so much broadcast time and with the games in Italy they will be more focus. 

The Scottish men are current world champions and 3-time European champions whilst the mixed doubles pairing of Dodds and Mouat were 5th in most recent world champs. I'd also point out that Eve Muirhead won precisely 0 world medals in the Beijing Olympic cycle ... but yeah sure, Scottish curling is going so far backwards. :sure:

On 3/23/2024 at 5:44 PM, Grassmarket said:

Another win for Charlotte Bankes in :CAN

And she repeats with a trademark last to first move in about 20m.  But sadly the early season loss of form costs her the season overall.

Mouat and the team never really got their game together as they went down to 8-4 loss at the hands of :CAN. They didn't necessarily play badly, it's just that by some fine margins, the big shots didn't go their way. 

Hopefully they'll pick themselves up ahead of match against :ITA this evening.