website statistics

Women's Handball EHF European Championship 2020

Totallympics

First game of our team that I have watched recently, and yep, the Hungarian women's handball team is still one of the biggest disappointments of the entire Hungarian sport. A crazy amount of money has been spent here for this sport in the last decade, and yet here we are, constantly struggling to get any decent results. 

7 minutes ago, Vektor said:

First game of our team that I have watched recently, and yep, the Hungarian women's handball team is still one of the biggest disappointments of the entire Hungarian sport. A crazy amount of money has been spent here for this sport in the last decade, and yet here we are, constantly struggling to get any decent results. 

Well, yes, even some of the really gigantic sum of money spent on the footballers is sort of beginning to pay off, LOL

And I say this as someone who is a big fan of the HU women's handball team since the famous/infamous 2000 Olympics

1 minute ago, dharang said:

Well, yes, even some of the really gigantic sum of money spent on the footballers is sort of beginning to pay off, LOL

And I say this as someone who is a big fan of the HU women's handball team since the famous/infamous 2000 Olympics

I just don't understand what's going on with Hungarian handball. I got my hopes up with the success of the junior teams that we might be entering a new era after the the disastrous 2010s, but the last WCh and now this ECh are just the same shit that we have seen for a decade.

Kind a miracle that Netherlands made it to the main round. After the lost games against Serbia and Croatia I didn't expect a win anymore.

Now against Germany, Norway and Romania in the main round. Norway is still angry for that result against Netherlands in the last world championship, so they will be very motivated (and are in a huge form). But first Germany: always close battles against the team of Dutch coach Henk Groener.

Well, still four days of main round to go and now already sure that Croatia, Norway, France and Russia will play the semifinals. Too bad all tension is gone, partly thanks to the ridiculous schedule.

Russia and Norway the clear favourites for me, despite Russia could not win against France today. 

8 minutes ago, CCB said:

Well, still four days of main round to go and now already sure that Croatia, Norway, France and Russia will play the semifinals. Too bad all tension is gone, partly thanks to the ridiculous schedule.

Russia and Norway the clear favourites for me, despite Russia could not win against France today. 

Nothing sure yet though it's looking good for those 4 teams.