website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

27 minutes ago, FireRun said:

Finally we have someone after Teja Gregorin. 

The rest of the team could match these performances soon. Polona Klemenčič is establishing herself as a more than decent skier, 15th ski time today, almost getting points while shooting at 7 ... 

Of course Repinc is a star in the making, but when will she make her individual debut in the WC ? Then you have Zorc, K.Vindisar, with Z.Klemenčič doing the job.

You know,i can ignore our women being god awful on most days,it's really more irritating when you see an Estonian female in the top 20,and it doesn't seem like anyone is coming up from the youth or juniors here either.

Edited by Biathlonfan

6 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

You know,i can ignore our women being god awful on most days,it's really more irritating when you see an Estonian female in the top 20,and it doesn't seem like anyone is coming up from the youth or juniors here either.

Ouch. I am used to reading more optimistic posts about Lithuanian biathlon around here. :d

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Ouch. I am used to reading more optimistic posts about Lithuanian biathlon around here. :d

I'm plenty optimistic when it comes to the guys[or as of right now mainly one guy],but these are just facts,Our women are just not good at this,optimism does not fix this,one of them is literally the stepdaughter of the federations president,i'm not claiming corruption btw,there's no one even really in the ibu cup level that could be brought up.The situation with the younger guys even if not ultra promising is much better.  

Edited by Biathlonfan

Oh well what a race!! I was missing Sola and Alimbekava for this WC and Lampic was the only reason I was excited for today hoping for top 10 or top20. But from Stina Nilsson i was unsure if I am expecting way too much. But yeah after supporting Lampic for cross country skiing it's now time to support her in biathlon. It just makes the world cup more exciting. Lampic will make up for Belarussian absence partly. Hopefully Finland or some other nation can add more spice even a quarter of what Russia used to do would be fine

2 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Oh well what a race!! I was missing Sola and Alimbekava for this WC and Lampic was the only reason I was excited for today hoping for top 10 or top20. But from Stina Nilsson i was unsure if I am expecting way too much. But yeah after supporting Lampic for cross country skiing it's now time to support her in biathlon. It just makes the world cup more exciting. Lampic will make up for Belarussian absence partly. Hopefully Finland or some other nation can add more spice even a quarter of what Russia used to do would be fine

Alimbekava came second in the russian cup sprint today.

28 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

The rest of the team could match these performances soon. Polona Klemenčič is establishing herself as a more than decent skier, 15th ski time today, almost getting points while shooting at 7 ... 

Of course Repinc is a star in the making, but when will she make her individual debut in the WC ? Then you have Zorc, K.Vindisar, with Z.Klemenčič doing the job.

She's in Hochfilzen and will start in the relay. So far Živa is ahead of her in the running order. But she will no doubt get her chance this year. If not sooner than in  Pokljuka at the very least. 

7 hours ago, SalamAkhi said:

Well, I think points with a 7/10 is maybe a bit far-fetched. She impressed in IBU Cup, skiing-wise, that's for sure, but the field was not as strong as usual. It was more or less a very strong Junior Cup. Without the Russians and with most of the Norwegian B-team in WC, only the Germans were fielding their "journeywomen", who are not the fastest out there. 

My call is she will be within 30-50s of the best ski time today. Considering her pedestrian shooting speed (44s in Idre) it's like she's starting with only 9 bullets, so "6/10" would be short of the top 40.

Solid take ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.