website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, justony said:

What good, amazing, I have not seen anything quite like this. Incredible.

Going back some time, I remember Miriam Gossner & Katja Wilhelm who did the same thing in their first year post-transfer.  Wilhem’s shooting got better, but Gossner never did.

20 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Going back some time, I remember Miriam Gossner & Katja Wilhelm who did the same thing in their first year post-transfer.  Wilhem’s shooting got better, but Gossner never did.

Yes, but tell me, if you know, how good were on first race ever ?

5 hours ago, SalamAkhi said:

Well, I think points with a 7/10 is maybe a bit far-fetched. She impressed in IBU Cup, skiing-wise, that's for sure, but the field was not as strong as usual. It was more or less a very strong Junior Cup. Without the Russians and with most of the Norwegian B-team in WC, only the Germans were fielding their "journeywomen", who are not the fastest out there. 

My call is she will be within 30-50s of the best ski time today. Considering her pedestrian shooting speed (44s in Idre) it's like she's starting with only 9 bullets, so "6/10" would be short of the top 40.

I was so wrong :roflmao:

Very very impressive indeed on the skis, and above all her shooting may not be as erratic as it could. Didn't see her prone but 5/5, 36s, that's fair enough. Then the standing, with three mistakes of course but look at how she managed to put the last two, in 31s total which is quite decent. 

Will be very interesting to see her in a peloton (or alone then) and shooting in confrontation, but this performance is encouraging. 

Also really exciting as for the skiing abilities of the young IBU Cup guns :bones:

1 minute ago, justony said:

By the way, our first great women biathlete was Andreja Grašič (later Koblar), she is still the only World cup winner for Slovenia, and finished 5th in Individual race at Nagano 98 Olympics, missing medal on final shoot. 🙂

Speaking of nearly misses. Bauer's 4th place in 2010 still haunts me. I still think if he got that bronze instead of Fak, he would have made a much bigger career. It always felt like that wooden medal broke him. He's an excellent commentator though.