website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Two things many people probably don't remember:

1) She almost singlehandedly carried the german relay to a silver medal at the 2009 cross-country skiing world championships while still being 18 years old (and she also won a silver medal in the cross-country relay at the 2010 olympics).

2) At the 2013 cross-country skiing world championships she finished 4th in the 10 km freestyle race, only 0.5 seconds behind bronze, only a week after competing at the biathlon world championships.

To me the biggest what-if isn't what she could have done in biathlon, but what she could have done in cross-country skiing if she would have fully focused on it. I think if she would have been norwegian, she would have focused on cross-country skiing and could have become one of the best athletes of her generation.

I remember thinking that a Gössner/Neuner team could have been the world’s best Team Sprint combination & probably full relay 3&4 as well.

Couldn't watch the race live so I'm only TVP Sport late night replay.

Five pages for this sprint race, I guess people really wanted to see Lampic's debut! And she really made it count, impressive how she missed the first three in the stand but came back to hit the last two. It's safe to say she might be a major force with her skiing speed but the 4-shoot races could be interesting :p

Also I see Davidova improved her shooting speed, no more junior breathing technique?