website statistics

Team Ireland - Paris 2024 Qualification Tracker Road to Paris 2024

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Great news! I’ve quite a few updates to make since I last updated our qualification tracker a few weeks ago :) 

I am hoping @Ogremanstill gives his final summary on rowing.

Just noticing that our Badminton team could reach 4. Womens singles and Mens Doubles now in qualifying spots.

Interesting one to watch in boxing later today at the tournament in Poland

Lisa O'Rourke and Grainne Walsh are in the final against each other.  Amy Broadhurst got the nod for the European Games but there's 3 of them going for the one spot there at 66kg

22 hours ago, dodge said:

Interesting one to watch in boxing later today at the tournament in Poland

Lisa O'Rourke and Grainne Walsh are in the final against each other.  Amy Broadhurst got the nod for the European Games but there's 3 of them going for the one spot there at 66kg

Lisa beat Grainne on a split decision fwiw

14.933 for Rhys McClenagahan in qualifying. He did flex his hips at one point in the routine but I thought his routine would still break 15. Anyway he will be safely through. Only in subdivision 2 so obviously yet to see a lot of the potential contenders but Whitlock scored 15.266 and notably from an Olympic qualifying perspective Nariman Kurbanov :KAZ only managed 14.166 so thats one potential contender for the Olympic quota out of the way.

Eamon Montgomery and Dominick Cunningham both threatened big scores on floor (well for them- like breaking 14) but faded in their last couple of passes.

Edited by Ogreman

Rhys in a four way battle for the Olympic spot now. Last year’s silver :JOR and bronze :ARM  as well as Tokyo silver medalist :TPE 

4 men who think they can win gold here, never mind qualify for the Olympics (Whitlock clearly favourite)