website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Can you believe that biathlon events have more individual starters in the Youth Olympics than in the Olympics proper? Just wow.

Same goes for Speed Skating 500m (when compared to Beijing 2022). 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Congrats to :ISR and :GEO on their first winter medals...

And :ESP (at least at YOG level)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just heard a TISC song playing at the YOG @dcro. I believe it was the Romanian entry from this past autumn.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Just heard a TISC song playing at the YOG @dcro. I believe it was the Romanian entry from this past autumn.

I also heard the American entry from Jubilee, but I guess that was before you joined Totallympics (and were born). :p

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

I also heard the American entry from Jubilee, but I guess that was before you joined Totallympics (and were born). :p

Hey, even I’m too old to compete at these games now :finger:. Jubilee was before my time I believe.

Samsonov is the next Nathan Chen. Child prodigy doing Quads, but having terrible consistency at big competitions. I’ve yet to see him land his first jump in any program he’s ever done. Oh well, there goes my prediction.

Also, he landed a Quad at the YOG!

Samsonov is someone who would benefit from the liberalization of Russian society. It’s clear him and coach don’t have a positive relationship, and the pressure Russians place on him is too much.

Mozalev!!! Two Quads! He and Samsonov are absolutely the future of international skating. Rakic and Chen were amazing too.