website statistics

Medalists at London 2012 not Qualified for Rio 2016

9 minutes ago, rybak said:

Polish wrestler, bronze medalist Damian Janikowski will not compete in Rio as he failed today in first world qualification tournament and can't compete in second...

Is he unable to compete in the second or is he not allowed (if so, why not?)?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh Rybak.....

Janikowski took part in both oqt and could take part in 3rd but the deal was that if he fails totally in both first oqt another wrestler will get a chance in last 3rd oqt.

Now Janikowski declared that he has finished his career and will start in MMA. Yes - 99% he won`t be in Rio

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

For GB:

• Gemma Gibbons silver medallist from 4 years ago in Judo looks likely to miss out as Natalie Powell is the number 1 ranked British athlete
  • Ettienne Stott C2 gold medallist has not been selected, he won a bronze medal in 2015 WCH but the silver medalists from London 2012 were selected
  • Michael Jamieson failed to make the GB team at the trials

Julia Michalska put on hold her carreer for too long and is to weak to qualify for Rio in rowing while Zofia Noceti-Klepacka and Przemysław Miarczyński both have lost internal qualifications and are out too.

Bartłomiej Bonk is in danger in weightlifting although he has over 50% chance to make the team

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

On 3/15/2016 at 14:57, intoronto said:

Canada's men's eights in rowing

Mark Oldershaw and Adam van Koeverden have yet to qualify in canoeing/kayaking.

Christine Giriard is still competing but with only one spot doesn't look like she will make the team.

Any news on Oldershaw/Van Koeverden/Giriard yet? I mean, anything official? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Any news on Oldershaw/Van Koeverden/Giriard yet? I mean, anything official? 

Oldershaw/Van Koeverden will try to qualify next month. However the stupid rules in the canoe category means only the C2 or C1 can go... with both boats being roughly the same in strength. 

Girard I believe is officially retired. Even then I would send Nadeau who with selections from other teams could be an outside medal contender.