website statistics

Medalists at London 2012 not Qualified for Rio 2016

On 3/15/2016 at 18:33, OlympicsFan said:

Slalom canoeing:

In slalom canoeing it could become very interesting, because only one athlete from each nation can qualify, so guys like Tasiadis (silver in 2012) or Aigner (bronze in 2012) might easily miss the olympics.

Track cycling:

Förstemann and Levy (both won bronze in mens team sprint in 2012 and Levy won silver in mens keirin) might very well not qualify.

Ed Clancy (bronze in mens omnium in 2012) also might miss qualification, Cavendish seems to be more likely to compete in mens omnium for GB. Clancy might compete in mens team pursuit instead.

Equestrian:

Langehanenberg won a silver medal in dressage team in 2012, but she wont qualify for Rio, the same probably will be true for Schneider, who was in the same team.

Slalom canoeing:

Do we already know which Germans will be in Rio, so whether or not Tasiadis/Aigner will be there or not?

Track cycling:

Same question about Förstemann and Levy. I know the German team sprint of course qualified, but how about these specific athletes?

Equestrian:

Is Langehangenberg being out something official yet and if so, is it because she is performing "bad" nowadays or is she retired or something? Asking because if she is retired, I won't put her in the list, but if she is simply performing at a too low level, I will. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Slalom canoeing:

Do we already know which Germans will be in Rio, so whether or not Tasiadis/Aigner will be there or not?

Track cycling:

Same question about Förstemann and Levy. I know the German team sprint of course qualified, but how about these specific athletes?

Equestrian:

Is Langehangenberg being out something official yet and if so, is it because she is performing "bad" nowadays or is she retired or something? Asking because if she is retired, I won't put her in the list, but if she is simply performing at a too low level, I will. 

Tasiadis and Aigner are in.

Sideris Tasiadis  C1

Franz Anton/Jan Benzien  C2

Hannes Aigner  K1M

Melanie Pfeifer  K1W

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Slalom canoeing:

Track cycling:

Equestrian:

Tasiadis and Aigner are indeed safe, as they have already been selected at the Olympic trials, so they'll still have a chance to add more medals to their career treasury, respectively.

On 3/21/2016 at 21:22, hckosice said:

also Rio 2016 most likely will miss another canoeing slalom legend the Hochschorner twins 3 times olympic champions in C2 in a row since Sydney to Beijing and bronze medalists from London, are in huge troubles in our internal qualification against the Škantár cousins, in fact only an hardly imaginable miracle can help them to surpass their opponents during the last stage next may at european champs, they need to win and the Škantárs don´t qualify from the heats, which is let tel the true..almost impossible..

Any news on this? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 3/21/2016 at 22:07, Bearas said:

Jevgenij Shuklin (silver in Canoeing C1-200) is more than likely to miss Rio because he might be replaced by youngster Henrikas Žustautas who dominating the discipline.

Same question for this: any news on the current situation here? 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Any news on this? 

the european championships are in May :d

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

in fact only an hardly imaginable miracle can help them to surpass their opponents during the last stage next may at european champs, they need to win and the Škantárs don´t qualify from the heats, which is let tel the true..almost impossible..

:d

7 hours ago, uk12points said:

• Ettienne Stott C2 gold medallist has not been selected, he won a bronze medal in 2015 WCH but the silver medalists from London 2012 were selected

Is just he out or does the same go for Baillie?

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

the european championships are in May :d

:d

My never-ending enthousiasm blinded me :p 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Is just he out or does the same go for Baillie?

Well Baillie is out as well but I am not sure of he still participates, he doesn't compete with Sott anymore as Etienne Stott has a new partner Mark Procter.