website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

17 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I am kind of disappointed with this explanation. It's not that I'm implying you are lying or anything, it's just that we've had all sorts of rumors for years, and when I thought you had inside information or tangible evidence, you just added more fuel to the rumors, but nothing really concrete.

The scandal about the age of gymnasts in 2008 is some sort of US-fueled conspiracy theory. I don't doubt Chinese gymnasts were underage, but most of the talks after the Olympics come from sore losers who blindly defend the US gymnasts, even though they did not deserve to win the team title that year. I know that underage is underage, so if the Chinese gymnasts were really less than 16, the US should win, but we need evidence. 

People who work at those federations know and we have spoken about some stuff. Unfortunately there does not exist any evidence anymore. If somebody wanna try to dig out something .... Might even get people to talk  the truth publically but evidence about those Gymnasts was destroyed. 

5 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

People who work at those federations know and we have spoken about some stuff. Unfortunately there does not exist any evidence anymore. If somebody wanna try to dig out something .... Might even get people to talk  the truth publically but evidence about those Gymnasts was destroyed. 

Of course slips of the tongue might happen, and someone can always double check registrations for the date of birth in different past competitions (both China and North Korea lost world medals after inconsistencies were found), but I believe in you when you say evidence has been destroyed. China cannot be this dumb once again (they lost the team medal at the 2000 Olympics thanks to extreme dumbness).

Edited by thiago_simoes

37 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Of course slips of the tongue might happen, and someone can always double check registrations for the date of birth in different past competitions (both China and North Korea lost world medals after inconsistencies were found), but I believe in you when you say evidence has been destroyed. China cannot be this dumb once again (they lost the team medal at the 2000 Olympics thanks to extreme dumbness).

Well, the citizens don't belong amongst smart ones. As the country is closed from the outside world, people get easily stupid and naive. All kinds of ppl. 

The evidence can be destroyed easily. Those gymasts who competed before Olympics, mostly just Asia, results erased or changed. ID card, birth certificate the same. Nothing unusal even in these days...

Just now, Jan Linha said:

Well, the citizens don't belong amongst smart ones. As the country is closed from the outside world, people get easily stupid and naive. All kinds of ppl. 

The evidence can be destroyed easily. Those gymasts who competed before Olympics, mostly just Asia, results erased or changed. ID card, birth certificate the same. Nothing unusal even in these days...

Feel really said about these ways. Especially cause my wife is chinese and I know that ppl from her country keep doing that. As US and USSR, Germany were hungry before Velvet revolution and did everything for Olympic success, China has not stopped. And Russia or course. Will see what about following years. About Beijing 2022, I think it will be much better. They changed ways in some sort and instead of illegal practicing they push loads of money for athletes training for the home Olympics. Building places, hiring foreigners for crazy money..... Will see in 2,5 years. I believe they have potential but they must stop with the "old" ways ... Maybe like Russia.... I do everything for success..... Literally...

Just now, LDOG said:

:TJK Dilshod Nazarov suspended after retest of a 2011 sample.

Confirmation of suspension. It was that he’d been caught earlier this year or last year. Still unfortunate because that’s :TJK only athlete of note realistically...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Funny, 17 year-old Bianca Williams :JAM recieved a "warning" after being tested positive for diuretics that can cover many illegal substances including steroids..... Got it via cold medicine? I highly doubt that. 

And again, English speaking countries get away with just warnings... IAAF and WADA are turning a blind eye... if it were a Russian, every single sportsperson would be automatically banned and put under surveillance for the whole Olympic cycle.