website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

Just now, mrv86 said:

And again, English speaking countries get away with just warnings... IAAF and WADA are turning a blind eye... if it were a Russian, every single sportsperson would be automatically banned and put under surveillance for the whole Olympic cycle.

Well, I think the organisations have been doing that step by step. Russia, Kenya, soon will be joined by Jamaica, USA, China

I definitely see a problem with WADA now. :KEN :JAM :USA getting a way some blatant doping.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I definitely see a problem with WADA now. :KEN :JAM :USA getting a way some blatant doping.

Unfortunately development of some chemicals that improve your body skills is a way faster than development of the technology uncovering it. 

:JAM has anyways come in the shade a bit, especially regarding male athletes. ... :USA needs to be investigated thoughout all sport spheres including college sports. 

We will see what WADA and other sports organisations can do within next few years. Maybe we will witness the situation when Olympic or world champions in 100m run or 10.000m will be white people cause others, no matter individiuals or national federations, might get ban easily. Just like Russia. 

Coming back to Rafaela Silva.
In Brazil, fenoterol has been detected and must give away the medal of the Pan American Games. The translation is a hit: I don't have asthma, but my friend's child has it. I usually give her my nose to suck. Yes, this substance had to get in.

finally...

one of the most controversial athletes (first) and coaches (then) in T&F history...

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/01/sport/alberto-salazar-athletics-suspension-spt-intl/index.html

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/oct/01/athletics-coach-alberto-salazar-receives-four-year-ban-for-doping-violations

still, until they don't get any of his athletes (even after the end of their career, if it's the case...any referral to Mo Farah and Galen Rupp is purely intentional :whistle:), I'm not sure this changes anything...

Just now, phelps said:

finally...

one of the most controversial athletes (first) and coaches (then) in T&F history...

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/01/sport/alberto-salazar-athletics-suspension-spt-intl/index.html

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/oct/01/athletics-coach-al

berto-salazar-receives-four-year-ban-for-doping-violations

still, until they don't get any of his athletes (even after the end of their career, if it's the case...any referral to Mo Farah and Galen Rupp is purely intentional :whistle:), I'm not sure this changes anything...

Well, I feel US wants to play "active" and "fair" country so they needed to blame someone. Not saying that Salazar is clean. But what is more convinient than put the blame on someone who works in US with local athletes but is foreign citizen :cool:

Edited by Jan Linha

Just now, Jan Linha said:

Well, I feel US wants to play "active" and "fair" country so they needed to blam

well, you know...

when an avalanche starts running, nobody never knows where it's going to end up...

now, we can only wait and see...maybe a miracle can happen and a good bunch of cheaters can be caught, even if some of them with many years' delay...

Edited by phelps

Just now, phelps said:

well, you know...

when an avalanche starts running, nobody never knows where it's going to end up...

now, we can only wait and see...maybe a miracle can happen and a good bunch of cheaters can be caught, even if some of them with many years' delay...

Would be very happy to see that.

Hassan reacted by saying she is 'very shocked' :rofl: 

"I'm clean because I'm often tested" etc etc, Kloserhalfen (who's management answered instead of herself) seems to have the same cliche reaction.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!