website statistics

Russia-Ukraine Crisis Consequences in Sports

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

When the British Government says soon it’s not ruling out recommending a GB boycott people might finally see what might happen. People on here don’t understand how things are in the UK.

OMG,THE UK IS BOYCOTTING,THE WORLD IS ENDING,i don't think you realize how many people will not care.

that´s all nice and all that IOC decided to announce something in the case, but sadly, completely unimportant and irrelevant... when will they finally decide about the most important thing and finally say the decision for Milano/Cortine 2026 ? This IOC is really trying to give me heart failure. This waiting is unbearable :hairpull:

Apparently the Tokyo Olympics never happened either. Or else your predictions were completely and utterly trash …..

On 2/3/2021 at 3:33 PM, Orangehair43 said:

It won't happen - it be cancelled once a few countries withdraw their entire delegations.

Any nation besides Ukraine won't boycot unless maybe when Ukraine asks them. And even then it is only maybe at best.

What I think is most problematic is that many of these Russian athletes could have doped themselves to hell and back the last years because there was no regulation whatsoever. Really helps in training. On the other hand, missing relevant international competition really sets back, so maybe it evens out.

48 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

I don’t think they will

the problem will be when they have to face BLRUS in combat sports …

Why specifically in combat sports, and not in other sports?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

41 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Some people here still believe in the Olympic boycott? :roflmao:

No, one person does, because he needs a reason for every single Olympics to fail in some way, preferably by being cancelled, and for Paris this is the most obvious to have under his Ctrl + V :p 

Oh well, everyone is entitled to their fun I suppose :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!