website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2024

Totallympics

FIL released the luge quotas earlier this week.

Women's Single - :AUT:CAN:GER:ITA:KOR:LAT:POL:ROU:SVK:UKR:USA  (x2) / :CHN:FRA:GBR:IRL:NZL:PUR:SWE:TPE:THA (x1)

Women's Doubles - :AUT:GER (x2) / :ITA:LAT:POL:SVK:UKR:USA (x1)

Men's Single - :AUT:GER:ITA  (x2) / :BUL:CAN:CHN:CZE:GEO:KOR:LAT:NED:NOR:POL:ROU:SLO:SVK:TPE:THA:UKR:USA (x1)

Men's Doubles - :GER:UKR (x2) / :AUT:CZE:GEO:ITA:KOR:LAT:POL:ROU:SVK:USA (x1)

Eligible for Relay - :AUT:GER:ITA:KOR:LAT:POL:ROU:SVK:UKR:USA 

FIL documents availbile on this page:  https://www.fil-luge.org/en/multimedia/youth-olympic-winter-games-1

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 12/12/2023 at 9:48 PM, Olympian1010 said:

:USA will play in the men’s ice hockey (6-on-6) tournament.

Any idea on which NOCs will be entered into the four events @hckošice? We already know the rankings, but do we know which events each NOC chose?

Answer time :d

So :SVK at the end will play (Picked) the Boys Tournament, since a spot was still available ( :SWE chosed rather their W Team, do not ask me why) so no Nela Lopušanová in Korea..instead our boys will probably end in 5th place behind CAN, USA, FIN and CZE  :(

Boys Tournament

:CAN :USA :FIN :CZE :SVK :KOR

A: USA, CZE, SVK

B: CAN, FIN, KOR

Girls Tournament

:SWE :SUI :JPN :GER :NOR :FRA

A: SWE JPN NOR

B: SUI GER FRA

3v3 Tournaments

Boys :

:DEN :LAT :AUT :KAZ :POL :GBR :ESP :TPE 

Girls :

:HUN :ITA :CHN :NED :KOR :AUS :MEX :TUR

Happy FIS live quota allocation day to all of those who celebrate every Youth Olympic and Olympic cycle! :p

Links to the various allocations here: https://www.fis-ski.com/en/inside-fis/document-library/winter-youth-olympic-games

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:SVK with three ski jumping and two nordic combined quotas. A fantasy number not too long ago @hckošice

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

:SVK with three ski jumping and two nordic combined quotas. A fantasy number not too long ago @hckošice

Surprised we will go with 2 M + 1 W in Ski Jumping, I expected the opposite with 2 girls Tamara Mesíková & Kira Kapustíková + 1 boy Hektor Kapustík, Now it is only Mesíková I guess and 2 boys I have no idea who is the second boy

Also 2 Boys in NC, I have no idea who, this is a complete mystery

:LUX rejected their alpine skiing quota, which I believe will subtract will NOC from the Games @intoronto...

:IND is getting close to a reallocation in women's alpine skiing. They've two spots off a quota by my math, currently (and assuming no NOCs have been offered reallocations yet.) 

:KEN should be eligible for a reallocated men's quota as well.

Edited by Olympian1010