website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

At this rate we will get :IND :MAD and :ALG into the games 

They're all still out provisionally by my count, but it depends what other NOCs do.

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:NOR rejected 6 quotas!

12 quotas altogether between alpine and cross country. It's a number higher than many NOCs will even achieve (or be eligible to receive).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:RSA was allocated a quota in dual moguls, but didn't have any eligible athletes :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

They're all still out provisionally by my count, but it depends what other NOCs do.

12 quotas altogether between alpine and cross country. It's a number higher than many NOCs will even achieve (or be eligible to receive).

At this rate :NOR will have only biathletes

Ski halfpipe is approaching aerials level of participation at the YOG. At max, it looks like there will only be 8 NOCs competing across both genders.

13 minutes ago, intoronto said:

At this rate :NOR will have only biathletes

They did accept quotas in ski jumping, nordic combined, freestyle skiing, and snowboarding.

Edited by Olympian1010

:UAE not far off from a reallocation (one spot by my count) in women's ski slopestyle.

4 hours ago, rybak said:

It's nice to see many "exotic nations" will or are close to competing in this event, I'm hoping most of these nations will be able to qualify to Cortina Olympics already :fingers:

I wouldn’t be shocked the see the number of participating NOCs shrink between 2022 and 2026. There are less quotas available and the qualification requirements in alpine skiing have increased in difficulty. 

It would be a nice surprise to see more non-traditional NOCs at the Games, but it doesn’t feel like the conditions are right to encourage or facilitate their participation in 2026.

Hopefully my prediction is wrong though.

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I wouldn’t be shocked the see the number of participating NOCs shrink between 2022 and 2026. There are less quotas available and the qualification requirements in alpine skiing have increased in difficulty. 

It would be a nice surprise to see more non-traditional NOCs at the Games, but it doesn’t feel like the conditions are right to encourage or facilitate their participation in 2026.

Hopefully my prediction is wrong though.

We also saw a decrease from 2018 to 2022. More than likely numbers will dip