website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2022

The Team Challenge

The fun team event of TISC returns, this time with 10 teams competing for glory! The teams are named after 10 Hungarian cities, some you may know, like our capital. No, not that one, that's Romania's capital. Yep, it's Budapest, not Bucharest. Anyway, good luck not messing up the spelling of some of these cities! The "franchise names" will be in English, that should make the event easier to follow for you. Here are the teams and the numbers of the voting order that are assigned to them:

Team  Session 1   Session 2   Session 3   Session 4 
   Budapest Capitals  1 10 20 30
   Debrecen Flowers  2 11 21 31
   Miskolc Cavers  3 12 22 32
   Pécs Scholars  4 13 23 33
   Győr Rivers  5 14 24 34
   Kecskemét Goats  6 15 25 35
   Fehérvár Saints  7 16 26 36
   Szombathely Romans  8 17 27 37
   Tatabánya Falcons  9 18 28 38
   Eger Heroes    19 29 39

9 of the teams will have 4 members, one team, the Eger Heroes, will have three. They will have to live up to their name to win the challenge. What kind of a team challenge will it be this year? 

The Format

There will be 4 rounds for the 4 sessions of the Grand Final. For each round only the points scored in that particular session will count. The sum of the three highest scoring team members will be the team score, the team member with the lowest score won't be counted. If there isn't a 4th team member, the scores of all the team members will be counted. Each round will be a race where the lowest scoring teams get eliminated. Teams will get eliminated every round until there will only be one team left by the end of the Grand Final, the winners.

• Round 1 [Session 1] - 10 teams, last 3 teams get eliminated, 7 teams advance to the next round
  • Round 2 [Session 2] - 7 teams, last 3 teams get eliminated, 4 teams advance to the next round
  • Round 3 [Session 3] - 4 teams, last 2 teams get eliminated, 2 teams advance to the gold medal match
  • Gold Medal Match [Session 4] - 2 teams, 1st team wins the challenge, 2nd team will be the runner-up

We will have repechage rounds for the eliminated teams.

• Repechage 1 [Session 2] - 3 teams (last 3 from Round 1), last team gets eliminated, 2 teams advance to the next repechage round
  • Repechage 2 [Session 3] - 5 teams (top 2 from Repechage 1, last 3 from Round 2), last 3 teams get eliminated, 2 teams advance to the bronze medal race
  • Bronze Medal Race [Session 4] - 4 teams (top 2 from Repechage 2, last 2 from Round 3), 1st team wins the bronze medal

If two or more teams have the same team score in any round, the score of the lowest scoring 4th team members will be used as tie-breakers. If one of the tied teams doesn't have a 4th team member, that team automatically wins the tie-breaker. If the teams are still tied after using the 4th team members as tie-breakers, the 3rd highest scoring team members will be used as tie-breakers. And then the 2nd highest scoring team members if necessary. In the unlikely scenario where two or more teams are still tied, the current rankings on the Grand Final Scorecard will be the tie-breakers, the team with the highest ranked team member wins the tie. If somehow the team members are tied on the Scorecard in a way that even the rankings can't break the tie in the team event, I will wave a literal white flag and give up on breaking the tie.

Good luck everyone, may the best team win!

1 hour ago, rybak said:

First full listen have been done, 15 songs have been already eliminated, I will listen remaining songs twice more and I will send my votes to the host before midnight.

Wow, you are too hard with the poor songs, take it easy!!

3 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

I’m not sure which team I would like to be drawn in….but I like the name 

Fehérvár Saints so I’ve decided that’s the one I’ll hope for :) 

I gravitated towards that, because I love green, but since the word saint has many connotations with religion (which I'm not much of a fan of), I'm hoping to be a goat or a falcon :d