website statistics

Road to Beijing 2022 Poll #24 | Which Sport are you most interested in during the Beijing 2022 Olympic Games?

Which Sport are you most interested in during the Beijing 2022 Olympic Games?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sport are you most interested in during the Beijing 2022 Olympic Games?

• Alpine Skiing
    • Biathlon
    • Bobsleigh
    • Cross-Country Skiing
    • Curling
    • Figure Skating
    • Freestyle Skiing
    • Ice Hockey
    • Luge
    • Nordic Combined
    • Short Track Speed Skating
    • Skeleton
    • Ski Jumping
    • Snowboard
    • Speed Skating

1 hour ago, phelps said:

but you know, I'm interested in almost all the Olympic sports/events...

the only discipline I'm not going to follow at all it's Figure Skating (I tried...but I just can't)...

It's very understandable why you don't follow figure skating... I may have even guessed why. ;-)))

But for me - well, I have a kind of sympathy for this sport.

Back in the late 80s there wasn't much winter sports on Polish TV, but they have always showed European and World Championships in figure skating, so if I wanted to watch some sport and I couldn't choose what I really wanted, I had to be happy with what was available. That's where this sympathy comes from, I guess. Now I don't watch figure skating almost at all, but in the olympics I will try not to miss the highlights at least...

And there were some really great figure skating olympics moments in the past - vide Yulia Lipnitskaya free program in team event in Sochi or Savchenko/Massot performance in pair skating final in PyeongChang... Those were Masterpieces, I think.

4 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

It's very understandable why you don't follow figure skating... I may have even guessed why. ;-)))

But for me - well, I have a kind of sympathy for this sport.

Back in the late 80s there wasn't much winter sports on Polish TV, but they have always showed European and World Championships in figure skating, so if I wanted to watch some sport and I couldn't choose what I really wanted, I had to be happy with what was available. That's where this sympathy comes from, I guess. Now I don't watch figure skating almost at all, but in the olympics I will try not to miss the highlights at least...

And there were some really great figure skating olympics moments in the past - vide Yulia Lipnitskaya free program in team event in Sochi or Savchenko/Massot performance in pair skating final in PyeongChang... Those were Masterpieces, I think.

no, it's just one of those kind of sports I can't enjoy...

there's no particular reason, I have nothing against it (only against biased judges, as it happens in many sports, unfortunately)...

really, just a question of taste...nothing else...

4 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I cant believe that there are people who voted for hockey...

What is the Point of this competition without the NHL players?

it's always a very high level hockey tournament, full of former and future NHL players (and in any case good players don't necessarily play in the NHL only)...

I always enjoy many European leagues and International Hockey, even without the NHL stars...

so, it's quite obvious for me putting Hockey on top of my list...

36 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, it's just one of those kind of sports I can't enjoy...

there's no particular reason, I have nothing against it (only against biased judges, as it happens in many sports, unfortunately)...

really, just a question of taste...nothing else...

Yes, BIASED JUDGES, i guessed it correctly 😉