website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 Sports Programme Road to LA 2028

On 8/19/2024 at 9:18 AM, JoshMartini007 said:

We also have artistic swimming and figure skating. Dancing will be a part of the Olympics, even if DanceSport never returns.

In 2010 Asian Games, Olympic council of Asia included Dance Sports like Five Dances, Quickstep, Slow foxtrot, Tango, Waltz, Jive, Paso Doble, Samba, etc.

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

I agree that some new sports deserve a chance. I really like skateboard, bmx, Mountainbike. 
I didn’t like breakdancing, surfing. 

difficult to say what the criteria are for selecting sports. Yes in some cases it’s political or economical. but doesn’t mean it’s wrong. 

on the other hand some sports survive only for that reason. Take waterpolo, if it wasn’t for the power of WA it doesn’t really deserve a spot. I am Croatian  and very glad its there as it gave us few medals. But its popular and seriously played in only few European countries plus maybe US and Australia. Outside those few countries no one gives a f***. 
so if popularity is only criteria @ChandlerMnethen waterpolo is for sure out. 

That's kind of how I feel about Lacrosse's inclusion in 2028. Obviously I'm happy it will very, very likely give :CAN two medals (and decent chance to win gold in both events), and I also happen to really enjoy watching Lacrosse so I'm happy to have it in the Olympics either way.

But can I justify Lacrosse being an Olympic sport, compared to so many other sports? Nope.

(And to be clear, I believe Water Polo definitively deserves to be in the Olympics more than Lacrosse does)