website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 Sports Programme

8 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Paris set a pretty clear precedent that the IOC will let you host surfing literally anywhere in your country without any complaints - a Toronto bid would have no problem finding a suitable natural venue somewhere in Canada.

So I guess perspective hosts should get their colonies first. And quickly. :rolleyes:

#banbestmen

It should be noted that weightlifting had 24 medalling nations in Tokyo, while boxing had 25. The list of nations included the likes of :TKM:SYR:GHA.

Surfing, and especially skaterboarding, are not exactly... diverse. Although diversity only really counts in certain situations.

Anyways, I am not exactly sad for boxing/weightlifting (for IOC/AIBA and IWF, rather), but still I don't see these sports as deserving replacements. It's not like the universality was only lacking in medals, it was also very much lacking in participation.

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

It should be noted that weightlifting had 24 medalling nations in Tokyo, while boxing had 25. The list of nations included the likes of :TKM:SYR:GHA.

Surfing, and especially skaterboarding, are not exactly... diverse. Although diversity only really counts in certain situations.

Anyways, I am not exactly sad for boxing/weightlifting (for IOC/AIBA and IWF, rather), but still I don't see these sports as deserving replacements. It's not like the universality was only lacking in medals, it was also very much lacking in participation.

In regards to universality, it is a shame that Karate wasn’t added as a core sport. It could have replaced boxing as another combat sport too. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 12/7/2021 at 9:12 PM, NearPup said:

List of core sports, as of 2028, with new additions in bold:

• Aquatics
  • Archery
  • Athletics
  • Badminton
  • Basketball
  • Canoeing
  • Cycling
  • Equestrian
  • Fencing
  • Field hockey