website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 Ceremonies

Sindo

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

Beijing WOG opening ceremony director Zhang Yimou said during an interview yesterday he hopes the ceremony will be less than 100 minutes, minimalist but classic.

That would be the shortest opening ceremony in, what, decades?

I’m actually very on board for a shorter ceremony, especially with the lack of crowd.

9 minutes ago, NearPup said:

That would be the shortest opening ceremony in, what, decades?

I’m actually very on board for a shorter ceremony, especially with the lack of crowd.

Bach is a crowd though. :rolleyes:

Surprised he is still not insisting to visit a random place in China before the Opening ceremony. For example, Tibet. :mumble:

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Beijing WOG opening ceremony director Zhang Yimou said during an interview yesterday he hopes the ceremony will be less than 100 minutes, minimalist but classic.

In hopeless faith for also a minimalist Bach and the OC president speeches :d

On 1/21/2022 at 2:23 PM, Vic Liu said:

We have been given information that the OC may be less than an hour long total.  I'm not even sure there will be a parade of nations (the best part!).  All information points to it being very, very low key.  I wonder if some of it might be virtual given how bare bones the in-person seems to be.  

Edit: It has been clarified that the OC will be about 100 minutes.  

1 hour ago, orangeman said:

We have been given information that the OC may be less than an hour long total.  I'm not even sure there will be a parade of nations (the best part!).  All information points to it being very, very low key.  I wonder if some of it might be virtual given how bare bones the in-person seems to be.  

Given all the COVID restrictions, probably not a smart idea for a large mass of people to gather together,  Last thing China needs is to knock a bunch of athletes out of commission because if 1 person with COVID shows up without a strong enough mask, it could infect many other athletes

On 1/21/2022 at 3:29 PM, hckošice said:

In hopeless faith for also a minimalist Bach and the OC president speeches :d

If he went on a 15 minute speech in a 100 minute ceremony, that is already a human right violation

Russia, the 5 Central Asian countries, Singapore, Cambodia, Thailand, UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Poland, Luxembourg, Serbia, Monaco, Argentina, Ecuador, Mongolia, Pakistan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Papua New Guinea, Azerbaijan, Greece will send their leaders to the Beijing opening ceremony. Others may follow.