website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2022

George_D

8 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Epic failure from last :USA runner! :lol:

:DOM takes gold! :NED silver. :POL in 4th.

Allyson Felix was awful as well. That's what happens when you want to present a once-great legend with a 'free' gold in her last and home championships, even though she quite obviously isn't nearly good enough anymore.

Too bad the race wasn't three meters longer :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, Monzanator said:

USA usually chooses a second-string for mixed though Norwood is always there and Felix is to vulture the personal medal count but I have no idea who this last female runner was? She completely run into a wall after 360 meters :wacko:

Third at the NCAA championships, 5th at nationals. Not a bad runner at all, otherwise you wouldn't be fairly consistently running sub-51 seconds, but yeah, no top of the world. It's a bit harsh to criticize her too much I think, she basically performed at or close to her level. The bigger issue was the rest of the team.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Third at the NCAA championships, 5th at nationals. Not a bad runner at all, otherwise you wouldn't be fairly consistently running sub-51 seconds, but yeah, no top of the world. It's a bit harsh to criticize her too much I think, she basically performed at or close to her level. The bigger issue was the rest of the team.

Simon's leg time was almost 2 seconds slower than Bol's though (50.90 vs 48.95) :p

5 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

US squad is always chosen based on your Nationals. But for the Mixed 4x400 you are looking at places 6-8 in the final.

It's the big problem for the mixed 4 x 400. Who you pick affects the performances of the men's and women's 4 x 400s.

For better or for worse.

What I hate from my country acquiring rights to these championships is that they never show the whole competition. They always cut to go to commercials in the middle and they keep the usual feed from the organisers. I never get to see dedicated feeds from say pole vault or long jump. Worse thing is they don't even put them online. They just copy what they showed on tv and put it as a replay.  

26 minutes ago, Dragon said:

It's the big problem for the mixed 4 x 400. Who you pick affects the performances of the men's and women's 4 x 400s.

For better or for worse.

The US overall & the Polish women obviously picked their second string for the mixed. The Dutch & Dominicans their best of both..

11 hours ago, Monzanator said:

USA usually chooses a second-string for mixed though Norwood is always there and Felix is to vulture the personal medal count but I have no idea who this last female runner was? She completely run into a wall after 360 meters :wacko:

Kennedy Simon, a promising youngster from the Texas University...

but promising doesn't mean ready, someone could say...:rolleyes: :whistle:

14 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

The US overall & the Polish women obviously picked their second string for the mixed. The Dutch & Dominicans their best of both..

Kaczmarek is not second string. The plan was to run her & Kielbasinska in the final but due to the rules Kielbasinska also had to run in the SF which she refused hence Baumgart was there and Swiety run both SF & F.