website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

2 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

image.thumb.png.02a88763e97934b7adf3afb5800118ad.png

Sports with no live coverage..

wow that's quite a long list. I think last time in Incheon only Squash had no TV coverage.

but at least good to know it. better than searching desperately for something that doesn't even exist

4 hours ago, MHSN said:

I make it short how to score in Kabaddi

of course if you touch as many players of the defending team and makes it back to your own court. if you go 2 raids without scoring or giving up points, the 3rd raid you should score otherwise you are out and 1 point for the defending team.

if the defending team catch the attacking player that's 1 point but if the defending team does it with 3 or less players that's super tackle and gives them 2 points.

when all 7 players are out for a team. that's Luna and 2 extra points.

there is a "bonus" line (the 2nd line) if you touch behind that line while the defending team has 6 or 7 players. that's also a point. bonus doesn't exist when the opposite team has less than 6 players.

Thank you! I knew most of this, but not everything. Specifically the things about tackling an attacking player with 3 or less players being 2 points, and I knew the existence of a bonus line but wasn't sure which one that was :d 

Another question: defenders could often easily tackle someone, but seem to wait until the attacker touched a defender. Am I right in saying that the defenders can only bring the attacker down after the attacker touched a defender? Or can they tackle him at any given moment?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh and when is the kabaddi bronze medal match? If I'm not mistaken the final is at 12:00 CET (3 hours and some minutes from now), but I can't find the bronze medal match :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Thank you! I knew most of this, but not everything. Specifically the things about tackling an attacking player with 3 or less players being 2 points, and I knew the existence of a bonus line but wasn't sure which one that was :d 

Another question: defenders could often easily tackle someone, but seem to wait until the attacker touched a defender. Am I right in saying that the defenders can only bring the attacker down after the attacker touched a defender? Or can they tackle him at any given moment?

the first line is mandatory to cross. if attacker goes back to his own court without crossing that . he is out and 1 point for the defending team

oh no. they can tackle him at any time. sometimes they just don't want to take that risk

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

Unfortunately nothing will be broadcasted in paddle sports... I wonder if it has to do with venue since we always get rowing/canoe sprint broadcasted on TV whenever we have Asian Games/Southeast Asian Games.

It's just weird rowing will just be in the highlights/news broadcast only.

I am almost certain I saw some live rowing 2 days ago, but moved away quickly because it didn't seem interesting to me :p 

Just now, MHSN said:

the first line is mandatory to cross. if attacker goes back to his own court without crossing that . he is out and 1 point for the defending team

oh no. they can tackle him at any time. sometimes they just don't want to take that risk

Did not know that neither :d

Thanks, that's gonna make watching the final (if it's broadcast on one of the 6 YouTube channels) a whole lot more enjoyable.

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh and when is the kabaddi bronze medal match? If I'm not mistaken the final is at 12:00 CET (3 hours and some minutes from now), but I can't find the bronze medal match :p 

I don't know if you are making a joke or you are really asking :d but there is no bronze medal match in Kabaddi for a weird reason they give joint bronze medals. which I can't understand in a team sport. they do the same at the World Cup too. not just an AG thing

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

I don't know if you are making a joke or you are really asking :d but there is no bronze medal match in Kabaddi for a weird reason they give joint bronze medals. which I can't understand in a team sport. they do the same at the World Cup too. not just an AG thing

Ah damn it, I was serious :( (apparently only the 2006 Asian Games had a bronze medal match, at least according to Wikipedia)

That's sad, I just woke up and was all excited because it was almost time (I thought) for the clash between arch enemies India and Pakistan :p