website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

SouthEast Asia: Sepak Takraw

East Asia: Wushu or Dragon Boat (I like it, sorry)

South Asia: Kabaddi

Central Asia: Kurash, Horse Racing, Belt Wrestling

West Asia: Air Sports (UAE, QAT, BRN all have world class teams), Athlete Auction :p, or Z sport from Iran (sorry I can’t spell it)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

What about the Iranian sport I can never spell that’s with a Z. It would give Medal opportunities to countries like Iraq, Iran, Ahganistan, Pakistan, and other “lesser” nations

That's Zurkhaneh sports. but that's not really a popular sport even in Iran. I'm sure those who practice it really enjoys it but that's a bit boring to watch. I change the channel immediately when I see that on TV. and while it exists in something like 20 countries in Asia but still Iran will dominate it heavily. beside that Iran doesn't have the majority vote in West Asia if they want to pick something and Afghanistan, Pakistan etc are in South Asia. only Iran and Iraq in West Asia.

beside that, this sport is a bit religious, and someone has to sing in Persian during the show, I highly doubt our Arab neighbors like that.

but we have so many crazy martial arts invented by the Iranians :d:d any sport with kicking and punching and throwing, we will be good at it

Edited by MHSN

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

no it wasn't like she conceded the last point because of her celebration. they both scored at the same time on the last second , KOR scored one point punch while China scored two points body kick. the scoreboard showed Chinese score just a moment later. punch scores and body kick scores come from two different systems, that's why the delay.

but yeah that was quite a dramatic ending. and I think a well deserved gold for China.

Of course not.. I mean Ah-reum was looking jubilant then realized before switching to "oh f***" look.

8 hours ago, MHSN said:

Yes that would hit Iran badly. which it did in boxing. for the first time in history we will most probably leave the Asian Games with no medal in boxing. in Karate and Weightlifting, that was Asian Federation who prevent such disaster to happen. I mean in weightlifting the super heavyweight is always the highlight of the competition how come they can even think about dropping that !

I blame other Asian countries for letting such a disaster to happen. if you check the news. they made some changes at the end when some Asian countries (and therefore some Asian sports federations) stood against them. even though to be honest while they cut some of our favorite events in Taekwondo. Wrestling, Archery etc. they also added Kurash and Sport climbing (we expect gold in both sports)

I also can't believe how come we have Kurash, Jujitsu and Sambo altogether in the Games ! they are quite similar and similar to Judo ! this is not Indonesia's fault though. that was kind of a deal between OCA and Indonesia. when Indonesia was sabotaging the program. some other Asian countries (Uzbekistan, Kazkhastan and UAE) took advantage of it and added their own sports.

Well. Sorry. deal with our shameless greed this time.

And you're right about Kurash, Jujitsu and Sambo. We added them so we can push Pencak Silat. Paragliding, and Bridge in exchange (I went to a venue inspection tour with the Sports Minister and he told all the details). And OCA can't do anything else in order to prevent Indonesia making 2018 to be known as the first Asian Games ever to be cancelled

Edited by Griff88

43 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

YouTube seems to be working for me now.

Yes, 6 channels have been fully operational since yesterday.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The Sri Lankans had broken their National Record to initially qualify for the final, but were later disqualified which bumped India up into the final with their National Record of 3:25.17. this in the 4x100 swimming relay for men :(

https://swimswam.com/2018-asian-games-day-4-prelims-live-recap/

Pretty small field here in the women’s road race, but great turnout of supporters cheering on the lone Indonesian leader

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Pretty small field here in the women’s road race, but great turnout of supporters cheering on the lone Indonesian leader

And note that because of OCA rules . each country can enter only 2 cyclists. this is not a normal road race with team work etc.

if I'm not wrong this time they made it 4 for the men's road race (even though only 2 of them can win medal even if a country finish 1-2-3)