website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Afghanistan secured a bronze medal in Wushu. :thumbup: I wasn't sure if they can win a medal in the whole Games since their taekwondo isn't good anymore and Cricket is not in the program.. good for them.

Wushu Sanda, where dreams come true :lol:

1 minute ago, Griff88 said:

Wushu Sanda, where dreams come true :lol:

Yeah in a blind draw and knockout system. Korean guy just took a round from invincible China, still lost 2-1 and will go home empty handed.

one of our Sanda players are already out, but from what I see we will have 5 (out of 6) Iran-China finals. at least this time luck separates Iran and China in all (but one) weights till the final.

18 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

The final moments can be compiled into "dont celebrate too early moments". Just watched the re-run..

no it wasn't like she conceded the last point because of her celebration. they both scored at the same time on the last second , KOR scored one point punch while China scored two points body kick. the scoreboard showed Chinese score just a moment later. punch scores and body kick scores come from two different systems, that's why the delay.

but yeah that was quite a dramatic ending. and I think a well deserved gold for China.

27 minutes ago, dcro said:

:PHI Philippines wasted a golden chance to beat :CHN China in basketball. :facepalm:

yeah I watched the game. very entertaining game. Clarkson missed a jump shot in last 30 seconds, they still had the last ball but went for a stupid 3.

that would secure at least a silver medal for them. now I can say China is already in the final. because there are only 4 "good" teams here and 3 of them are on the other side of the draw. Philippines have to play South Korea in quarterfinal and the winner will get Iran in the semis.

5 hours ago, dcro said:

:BAN Shana finishes 3rd in men's archery seeding. :hyper:

Great chance for him to qualify to the Olympics, but he must reach the semi-finals. He has avoided most of the tough people (no KOR,CHN,TPE and JPN until the semifinal) though, based on seeding Kazakhstan will be his quarterfinal opponent if things go well.

5 hours ago, MHSN said:

lol they added everything they had into the program. Poomsae, Paragliding, Dragon boat, Jet Ski, bridge and of course Pencak silat and they even selected events in other sports for their own benefit . for example they dropped all 3 heaviest weights in boxing. heaveist weight in Wushu. they also wanted to drop some Olympic events in Weightlifting and Karate.

Also the absolutely ridiculous thing they have done in not having  compound mens and womens individual , dropping team events in shooting ...... I am convinced that they have decided they must come at least 4th or 5th  and the only way is to reduce medals for people like India and Iran who woudl otherwise compete for these positions 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi