website statistics

Nordic Combined at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

12 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

:AUT Lamparter can make up 26 seconds to Greiderer? I assume Japanese will struggle in cross country as usual.

Definitely, Rydzek is the big question mark. If he is remotely close to his best in cross-country skiing, then he should win it.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

39 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Slovakia you should invest in ski jumping/nordic :D like Czech :D

Actually we have 1 read one active athlete registered in the whole country in Nordic Combined and he is still a young kid :p so yeah, not gonna happen anytime soon

40 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I'm afraid in Slovakia it's better off being ice hockey player #856 than ski jumper #1? :p

Yeah, sadly bellow zero interest in this sport here. Which is really sad, because I love this sport a lot, was the first winter sport I started to watch and immediatelly fell in love with it since the Bjarte Engen Vik era, but sometimes I feel like I am the only one in Slovakia... Even the schedulled ski jumping part today was cut off from our TV to have like a 30 minutes studio before the hockey match between russia and switzerland. so yeah that´s it...

At least I have czech TV and eurosports

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So Riiber is still not clear? What a bummer this could turn out for him. More than Kramer, who was very good only this season, while he has been dominating for 4 years.

Yeah, Riiber, Ilves, Frenzel & Weber were all absent.

5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So Riiber is still not clear? What a bummer this could turn out for him. More than Kramer, who was very good only this season, while he has been dominating for 4 years.

Although the past few weeks might have shown he had peaked a little wrong...but we'll never know I guess.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

49 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Is there any good reason why this sport doesn't have at least a second jump run for a bit of equity ?

Or just change the point calculations a little if it's that unfair now (which I don't think it is) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!