website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

tbh, this venue is at the same altitude of Antholz, where I've never seen anybody collapsing that way (actually, the previous collapse by Tandrevold was in Oberhof, one of the lowest places in Biathlon)...

All the problems we've experienced in these Olympics are surely related to different factors (cold, well known and established sickness -Tandrevold's case- maybe some "treatment" not gone the right way)...

p.s. moreover, many Scandinavian athletes who are not born in altitude places normally and regularly abuse of the hypobaric chamber all year long...:evil:

so, altitude conditions shouldn't be an issue even for them...

Just for comparison - The 1960 Olympic Biathlon was held at McKinney Creek just outside of Squaw Valley, CA at an elevation of 6700' or 2042 meters!  Granted it was only one race, the Individual, and in a classic ski technique.  I just wanted to add that historical fact there.  Not sure if it really adds anything to the discussion, but who knows. :)

Stina Nilsson will fly home without starting in any race. But now they announce that she won several of their test events in Beijing.:wacko: Magnusson might have been 7th in the sprint but I really wish Stina would have raced instead if it is true that she was in such great shape.

31 minutes ago, Swewi said:

Stina Nilsson will fly home without starting in any race. But now they announce that she won several of their test events in Beijing.:wacko: Magnusson might have been 7th in the sprint but I really wish Stina would have raced instead if it is true that she was in such great shape.

In cross-country skiing, they have already said that it was not so smart to change. Now a whole year of preparation was without success, no race ... 

21 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

Tomorrow wind up to 11m/s :zip::hyper:

Well, it's good chance for Hojnisz-Staręga to broke our curse of always being close to medal at Olympics which started in Torino... :d 

Or other random result like medal for Stremous :lol: