:GER Germany
Vanessa Voigt
Vanessa Hinz
Franziska Preuss
Denise Herrmann
+37.4 (0+6)

Full Final Result HERE

2 hours ago, phelps said:

no, most likely she fell down in a downhill section...

According to LeMatin.ch

Irene Cadurisch (30) experienced circulatory problems and was unable to reach the transition zone.  Swiss Olympic is reassuring about the state of health of Irene Cadurisch (30 years old): “She is back in the Olympic village, her circulatory problems are under control, and she is better. From now on, disappointment prevails."

I used to think of Anais Chevalier as the most reliable French female biathlete. Well... Her prone shooting was akin to a professional fault really: she shooted her last bullet way too quickly without much focus, missed it and went to the penalty loop. Then, it was game over for the French team. 

It did feel like a truly lack of commitment. That's unacceptable in a an (Olympic) relay. Honestly, other girls should rightfully be pissed about her performance. 

French women are easily the most unpredictable team on the women's side. I still consider Justine Braisaz as their "leader" with Julia Simon throwing up the best result out of nowhere. ACB is well, kinda third string and Bescond is simply the least explosive veteran.

26 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

I used to think of Anais Chevalier as the most reliable French female biathlete. Well... Her prone shooting was akin to a professional fault really: she shooted her last bullet way too quickly without much focus, missed it and went to the penalty loop. Then, it was game over for the French team. 

It did feel like a truly lack of commitment. That's unacceptable in a an (Olympic) relay. Honestly, other girls should rightfully be pissed about her performance. 

It's nothing new with her. It was already the same at the mixed relay here and at the mixed relay last year at the World Championships in Pokljuka. In addition, she once again really brutally collapsed on the last lap. 
She also seems to have a very big attitude problem. After the individual she had what she wanted and didn't care about the rest. It was the same at the World Championships last year. 
By the way, the French women were never better than 6th in the relay at the last three highlights, so you should also question the coach whether he is so right. 
As sad as it is, Marie Dorin Habert is simply irreplaceable with her consistency, even if one had hoped for this. 

16 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

She also seems to have a very big attitude problem. After the individual she had what she wanted and didn't care about the rest. It was the same at the World Championships last year. 

That was my point. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention before that, but this is new to me. 

I've watched it on eurosport.fr with Sandrine Bailly doing the commentating, and you could hear how furious she was about that shooting, even if she didn't say much... 

17 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Then Eckhoff will ski fast but be on penalty loop at least once, Ida Lien maybe a few spare rounds and ideally 1 penalty loop with slow skiing hopefully then followed by Roiseland who will have too much to make up.. If things go according to this tomorrow we will have interesting race

Pretty close to my prediction . Ida Lien was kinda sure that she'll not be on penalty loop but would have been ideal . Knotten didn't let the team down. But Penalty Loop Queen Eckhoff  made it for their good performances. 

Bronze is a success for Germany under the circumstances, but i am bit sad thinking about what would have been possible with Preuß in normal shape. Who would have thought that neither Norway nor France would win a medal? Also an interesting thought i just had: Laura Dahlmeier would have been younger at the 2026 olympics than Denise Herrmann is now.

Overall 2 medals seems like a fair result for Germany, the only hope that it will get better in 2026 is Selina Grotian.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

She doesn't even think her performance was really bad, it was average  :d:whistle: 

„I miss my lying shot. It gets me drunk a little, because finally, there are three beautiful balls and I can't put the last one, so it's a little frustrating.

On the skis, on the first two laps, it was pretty good. I worked well after bedtime, to regain time and play a little even or double.

I arrived on the standing, I wanted to engage, it comes out with a pickaxe, it's not too bad. But I paid for it in the last round.

It's an average relay for me. I don't explain my mistake too much about lying down. I felt pretty good. I'm a little upset."