website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I can do for other events later, sorry I have been kind of keeping these lists to myself the last few months. Obviously as a Greek women's doubles has been my main focus as I already know what our qualification status is for men's singles and women's singles, and men's doubles I think we are far out but if the Tsitsipas brothers win their first round at Roland Garros, which they got a good draw for, then it will get interesting so I'll start to look more.

Just now, Makedonas said:

Yes, Rus is her only chance to go to the Olympics, as she can't compete in mixed doubles without competing in women's doubles, and mixed doubles is really where she has a chance to win a medal.

I know she is a real fan of the Olympics and wants to play mixed with Wesley Koolhof. Not directly medal contenders, but in the mixed competition anything can happen. Only two wins needed to be part of the medal matches.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, CCB said:

I know she is a real fan of the Olympics and wants to play mixed with Wesley Koolhof. Not directly medal contenders, but in the mixed competition anything can happen. Only two wins needed to be part of the medal matches.

Yes I think :POL (Swiatek/Hurkacz), :GER (Siegemund/Zverev) will be the main favourites for the medals but also :GRE (Sakkari/Tsitsipas) as well.

We do not know about other teams, for example :ITA (Paolini/Sinner), or :ESP (Sorribes Tormo/Alcaraz), but I don't think these teams have ever played together and probably the men might not want to play mixed in addition to singles and men's doubles? Both of them are already injury prone as it is.

As you said though, really anyone in the mixed draw can win a medal as it is only 16 teams so all of them will be good teams.

Edited by Makedonas

2 hours ago, CCB said:

But does Koolhof want that? Him and Schuurs would be a medal contending pairing, why risk it?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Why no Mannarino?

He has literally the worst clay court record of any ATP players (with at least 50 games) going back to at least 1990.

Even if he wanted to go he, frankly, shouldn’t be selected by his federation anyway.

Edited by NearPup

2 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Yes I think :POL (Swiatek/Hurkacz), :GER (Siegemund/Zverev) will be the main favourites for the medals but also :GRE (Sakkari/Tsitsipas) as well.

We do not know about other teams, for example :ITA (Paolini/Sinner), or :ESP (Sorribes Tormo/Alcaraz), but I don't think these teams have ever played together and probably the men might not want to play mixed in addition to singles and men's doubles? Both of them are already injury prone as it is.

As you said though, really anyone in the mixed draw can win a medal as it is only 16 teams so all of them will be good teams.

I would say Granollers/Badosa is a more likely :ESP team, since Sorribes/Alcaraz already are going to play the two other events.