website statistics

Slalom Canoeing Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 1 month later...

Guys, maybe a tricky question. Jiří Prskavec :CZE is trying to find a way to participate in K1 and C1 both at the Olympics. He already got the spot in K1 but fighting with others for the spot in C1. Will be decided after ECH this year. Anyways, is there is any possibility, if he goes with the official nomination in K1 and maybe Lukas Rohan or Václav Chaloupka take the spot in C1, can he apply for an exception and be allowed to participate in C1, too? He would officially have the K1 quota but apply for start in C1, too. Is that possible? Because in this case, :CZE would have 2 entries in men's C1. Thanks 

37 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Guys, maybe a tricky question. Jiří Prskavec :CZE is trying to find a way to participate in K1 and C1 both at the Olympics. He already got the spot in K1 but fighting with others for the spot in C1. Will be decided after ECH this year. Anyways, is there is any possibility, if he goes with the official nomination in K1 and maybe Lukas Rohan or Václav Chaloupka take the spot in C1, can he apply for an exception and be allowed to participate in C1, too? He would officially have the K1 quota but apply for start in C1, too. Is that possible? Because in this case, :CZE would have 2 entries in men's C1. Thanks 

Nope. He can start in both events (3 if he wish also in Kayak Cross), but as the sole representative of his NOC in the classic individual events.

Ah, what a pity 🤣🤣. And I was thinking they could find a way to enter to C1 😁😁. Anyways, I am curious who will take the C1 spot. Will decide in Tacen. But my guess is Lukas Rohan. 

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Nope. He can start in both events (3 if he wish also in Kayak Cross), but as the sole representative of his NOC in the classic individual events.

I would like to ask for different question. Czech republic has quota in K1 and C1. If both will compete Prskavec, Is there option to send another C1 competitor (for example Rohan) to kajakcross? Because Prskavec will not compete in kajakcross

2 hours ago, stepansevs said:

I would like to ask for different question. Czech republic has quota in K1 and C1. If both will compete Prskavec, Is there option to send another C1 competitor (for example Rohan) to kajakcross? Because Prskavec will not compete in kajakcross

I really don´t know. All qualified paddlers are eligible for the Kayak Cross, not entirely sure if it require that they must take part also in the classic individual events to start also in the Cross though

Edited by hckošice

Looking at the qualification doc - https://stillmed.olympics.com/media/Documents/Olympic-Games/Paris-2024/Paris2024-QS-Canoe-Slalom.pdf

point B.2.3 says that "the athlete must compete in the event that the NOC received their qualification quota".

So to me, that reads that unless a country gets a direct quota in the KX at the qualifier (there are 3 spots each for men and women), they have to be selected and take part in either the K or C. And then, if selected in one of those, they can take part in the KX as well.

They can't just take part in the KX without being selected in one of the others. And if they are selected in one of the others, that would prevent a second competitor from that NOC being in that event obviously. 

So the only way that someone could be in the KX but not the others would be if they got a direct KX quota spot.

I could be reading that wrong, however. It's not clear.