website statistics

Slalom Canoeing Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 10/4/2023 at 2:52 PM, hckošice said:

Quotas from WCh confirmed. https://www.canoeicf.com/sites/default/files/quota_allocation_publication_paris2024_csl_wch_2023.pdf

Continental European Quotas for

MK1 :AUT

MC1 :NED

WK1 :IRL

WC1 :SLO

Pretty sure the Dutch Olympic Committee will not use this quotum.

4 minutes ago, Noorderling29 said:

Pretty sure the Dutch Olympic Committee will not use this quotum.

That would be too unfair and quite rude towards Joris, He fairly won that quota.

If it happen, the continental quota would move to :POR with :GRE the next in line behind

• 3 weeks later...

MC1 :JPN 

MK1 :TPE 

WC1 :CHN (to be confirmed)

WK1 :TPE (to be confirmed)

Actually Chinese women got both golds on canoeing and kayaking, but according to qualification document, one quota maximum per gender on continental qualifier. I actually don't know if China's can choose either WK1 or WC1 or automatically allocated WC1. But Chinese media widely reported :CHN got WC1 though I can't verify it.

On 10/12/2023 at 8:33 AM, hckošice said:

That would be too unfair and quite rude towards Joris, He fairly won that quota.

If it happen, the continental quota would move to :POR with :GRE the next in line behind

I’d go further and say it’s quite disrespectful towards the competition itself to decline a quota in a situation where it just means a lesser athlete will get to compete.

Really tired of the :NED NOC’s selection procedures. In an era where gaining Olympic quotas in most sports is quite difficult they are completely unnecessary.

4 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

MC1 :JPN 

MK1 :TPE 

WC1 :CHN (to be confirmed)

WK1 :TPE (to be confirmed)

Actually Chinese women got both golds on canoeing and kayaking, but according to qualification document, one quota maximum per gender on continental qualifier. I actually don't know if China's can choose either WK1 or WC1 or automatically allocated WC1. But Chinese media widely reported :CHN got WC1 though I can't verify it.

This qualification period ICF made a change, for Paris 2024 it is always the first event the quota has been achieved, So if :CHN won first the quota in C1 it will be C1

15 minutes ago, Mateus Nagime said:

Is there some place with the results?

If I'm on the right link, only Japanese athletes contested the MC1? if so, the event would not be valid.

Where did you hear that ? 8 NOCs started in M C1

Final & Semifinal https://seikosportslink.com/ddr/20008438/CA/CS/M/007/01/MC-1 Final Result.pdf

Heats https://seikosportslink.com/ddr/20008438/CA/CS/M/005/01/MC-1 Heat1 Result.pdf

So, I have put my Japanese to test and all good now. Here is the link with all results. 

Results for MC1 - HANEDA Takuya (JPN), gold 
Results for MK1 - WU Shao-Hsuan (TPE), 4th place as Japan and China had quotas.
Results for WC1 - HUANG Juan (CHN), gold
Results for WK1 - CHANG Chu-Han (TPE), bronze as China had already a quota at the event and Japan a quota at the discipline

Edited by Mateus Nagime