website statistics

Badminton Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

26 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

The 3 male quotas are because some players got quotas on 2 events:

- Toma Junior Popov (MS, MD)

- SEO Seung Jae (MD, XD)

- Vinson CHIU (MD, XD)

So, according to the last paragraph on the final table from D section the quotas go to :ITA:VIE:GER

This, obviously, if the countries select their best athletes (as they could still select other athletes as long as they are in a qualifying position.

But I'm a bit lost on why this wikipedian gave away so many more quotas. Or any references to Australia/NZL forfaiting their singles quotas.

yes difficult to calculate the quotas I am not going to rely on Wikipedia. I have not found any information regarding releases from Australia and New Zealand. So I'm going to add them. I can't wait to find out about the Wild Cards.

I fixed the official ranking section on Wikipedia so it should be accurate as of now.

:AUS needs to decline two quotas between MS/WS/WD/XD.

There will likely be changes between which individual/pair a nation will select which may affect the total number of single athletes. Additionally, a nation (New Zealand) may outright reject a quota or injuries may cause someone to withdraw.

I don't understand why Ukrainian Danylo Bosniuk was excluded from all rankings, he was on qualifying position and then just disapper 

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I fixed the official ranking section on Wikipedia so it should be accurate as of now.

There will likely be changes between which individual/pair a nation will select which may affect the total number of single athletes. Additionally, a nation (New Zealand) may outright reject a quota or injuries may cause someone to withdraw.

FWIW you haven't updated the summary table on wikipedia (eg it still shows Ireland with a pot in the women's singles)

We should have confirmation of all the quotas soon though

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Is it safe to qualify for Italy in the men's singles?

34 minutes ago, Illya said:

I don't understand why Ukrainian Danylo Bosniuk was excluded from all rankings, he was on qualifying position and then just disapper 

What could be the reason? Drugs?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Illya said:

According to one of our sports media, the reason for Bosniuk's sudden disappearing from the Olympic ranking is due to a breach of game manipulation. In other other words, match-fixing.

"BWF can confirm that Danylo Bosniuk of Ukraine has been provisionally suspended under BWF rules in relation to potential breaches of the Competition Manipulation Prevention Code. As this is an ongoing investigation, it will not be commented on further, the association writes to TV 2 Sport. According to TV 2 Sports' information, it is not directly about match-fixing in the form of betting on own his matches, but that Bosniuk has generally played on badminton matches, which is strictly prohibited". 

The full article is linked. Unfortunately only in Danish:

https://sport.tv2.dk/badminton/2024-04-29-ukrainer-fjernet-fra-alle-ranglister-mister-ogsaa-sin-ol-plads

Edited by Wumo

1 hour ago, Wumo said:

According to one of our sports media, the reason for Bosniuk's sudden disappearing from the Olympic ranking is due to a breach of game manipulation. In other other words, match-fixing.

"BWF can confirm that Danylo Bosniuk of Ukraine has been provisionally suspended under BWF rules in relation to potential breaches of the Competition Manipulation Prevention Code. As this is an ongoing investigation, it will not be commented on further, the association writes to TV 2 Sport. According to TV 2 Sports' information, it is not directly about match-fixing in the form of betting on own his matches, but that Bosniuk has generally played on badminton matches, which is strictly prohibited". 

The full article is linked. Unfortunately only in Danish:

https://sport.tv2.dk/badminton/2024-04-29-ukrainer-fjernet-fra-alle-ranglister-mister-ogsaa-sin-ol-plads

Thank you so much, I never laughed as hard as after this news, pretty hideous :roflmao:

• 2 weeks later...