website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

38 minutes ago, Dragon said:

And @hckošice I must apologize for my neighbours England in the football last night...

why ? they won fairly, nothing to say. If you meant the behavior of Rice and Bellingham then yes, the kids should be ashamed a bit, but hey what you expect from spoiled millionaires. a dumbo will still remain dumbo, just wave your hand over the fool and move on  :d

Edited by hckošice

13 minutes ago, hckošice said:

why ? they won fairly, nothing to say. If you meant the behavior of Rice and Bellingham than yes, the kids should be ashamed a bit, but hey what you expect from spoiled millionaires. a dumbo will still remain dumbo, just wave your hand over the fool and move on  :d

I am from Wales. Some times we beat you, some times you beat us 

6 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I am from Wales. Some times we beat you, some times you beat us 

I know. :) there is an unusually even statistic between us. I do remember our win in Cardiff 1:5 and in the same qualifiers your win in Slovakia 2:5 :d but also your win in our first ever EURO match 2:1 in France 2016, but also the clear 4-0 win in the last friendly a couple weeks ago

We are on track to have our smallest athletics team since Barcelona 1992 :facepalm:

I actually feel that overall we are much stronger than we were in for example London or Rio, but a lot of things really didn't go our way this year with quota cuts in race walks, increased competition, injuries/pregnancies, dips in form, youngsters failing to live up to their expectations...

We have 4 qualified via entry standard: Tentoglou, Stefanidi, Karalis, Drisbioti

Before the National Championships we had another 7 who were basically qualified via ranking: Tzengko, Emmanouilidou, Gusin, Anastasakis, Frantzeskakis, Filtisakou, Polak (11 total)

Now we have another 2 who did well at the National Championships and basically qualified as well: Scarvelis, Adamopoulou (13 total)

And another 4 who will be very close and hopefully make it in with withdrawals/rejected quotas: Papamichail, Zaltos, Dosi, Papadopoulou (maximum 17 total)

Dosi was in the top 32 the entire Road to Paris and the last month or so started dropping like crazy, this week went down to 31st, then Palsyte got the entry standard so now she's 32nd, but Stanciu will pass her in the new ranking so she'll be 33rd if my maths are correct :cry:

Also sad to see Pesiridou not make it, she honestly did so well this season but the 100 hurdles got really difficult it seems. In my opinion she is better now than the two Olympics she actually qualified for.

5 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Is this confirmed? Sorry for the Brits but it would be huge for Zaltos' chances...

Not officially confirmed yet (team is due to be announced on Friday), but unless UK Athletics ignore their own policy that they have needlessly put in place, it's going to happen.

So if Zaltos stays in that spot in the rankings, he should move up into the qualifying spots once it all shakes out.