website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 6/8/2024 at 4:30 PM, Josh said:

European Championships  - Rome, Italy :ITA

June 7-12, 2024

Full Results

(Not over yet, so I’ll edit it as the meet progresses. Just don’t want to forget.)

Men’s 400m

:BEL Jonathan Sacoor

:ITA Luca Sito

Men’s 1500m

:BEL Jochem Vermeulen

:BEL Ruben Verheyden

Men’s 400m Hurdles

:TUR Berke Açkam

Men’s 3000m Steeplechase

:GER Karl Bebendorf

Men’s Long Jump

:SUI Simon Ehammer

Men’s Triple Jump 

:FRA Thomas Gogois

Men’s Hammer Throw

:GER Merlin Hummel

Men’s Javelin Throw

:FIN Oliver Helander

Men’s Pole Vault

:GER Oleg Zernikel

Decathlon

:FRA Kevin Mayer

:FRA Makenson Gletty

Women’s 800m

:FRA Anaïs Bourgoin

:GER Majtie Kolberg

:POL Anna Wielgosz

Women’s 5000m

:FIN Nathalie Blomqvist

Women’s 400m Hurdles

:POR Fatoumata Binta Diallo

:CZE Nikoleta Jíchová

:ITA Alice Muraro

Women’s 3000m Steeplechase

:GBR Lizzie Bird

:ROU Stella Rutto

Women’s 20km Race Walk

:FRA Camille Moutard

:ITA Valentina Trapletti

:UKR Lyudmila Olyanovska

Women’s Discus Throw

:POR Liliana Ca

Women’s Javelin Throw

:SRB Adriana Vilagos

Women’s Long Jump

:POR (:STP :p) Agate De Sousa

:FRA Hilary Kpatcha

Women’s Pole Vault

:GRE Katerina Stefanidi

Women’s Triple Jump

:TUR Tuğba Danişmaz

Heptathlon

:BEL Nafi Thiam

:BEL Noor Vidts

:FRA Auriana Lazraq-Khlass

Fully updated ;)

Athletics rankings for Paris on WA site are updated after Euro Champs.

That was quite an advantage for Europeans to be able to score many points from continental champs , sometimes twice, they  add a score from qualis and from a final. Athletes from other continents don’t have such a chance at the end of qualifying period I guess

Dominic Lobalu, who represented :SUI at the European Championships, has been offered an additional slot on the Refugee Olympic Team.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Somehow, the Spanish athletics federation has selected TEN racewalkers for Paris 2024

POST-JJOO-ATLETAS.jpg?itok=F6k1Bc8i

Has selected the 6 that would do the 20km and then 4 extra for the relays, however, the relay athletes are not likely to compete due to them not being the strongest athletes? Thats so lame

I understand that the 4 extra athletes from Spain for the mixed walking relays are AP alternate athletes, they are not quota places and they could only compete in the mixed ones in case of injury or justified cause that will cause the withdrawal of the totulars. For this I go to the qualifying processes where on page 2 it says: Mixed team RW In addition NOC can nominate a maximun total of two AP alternate athletes, one man and one women

On page 9 says AP alternate athletes are non-competing athletes and are not incluides within the athletes quota. AP alternate Athletes can only become competing athletes as per conditions outlined in the Late Replacement policy. I have looked for it and it is due to injury or cause of the owner.

Could someone confirm that I am correct?

https://stillmed.olympics.com/media/Documents/Olympic-Games/Paris-2024/Paris2024-QS-Athletics.pdf?_ga=2.45402596.1788980774.1671555541-726101473.1622900989

7 hours ago, Jose Luis said:

I understand that the 4 extra athletes from Spain for the mixed walking relays are AP alternate athletes, they are not quota places and they could only compete in the mixed ones in case of injury or justified cause that will cause the withdrawal of the totulars. For this I go to the qualifying processes where on page 2 it says: Mixed team RW In addition NOC can nominate a maximun total of two AP alternate athletes, one man and one women

On page 9 says AP alternate athletes are non-competing athletes and are not incluides within the athletes quota. AP alternate Athletes can only become competing athletes as per conditions outlined in the Late Replacement policy. I have looked for it and it is due to injury or cause of the owner.

Could someone confirm that I am correct?

https://stillmed.olympics.com/media/Documents/Olympic-Games/Paris-2024/Paris2024-QS-Athletics.pdf?_ga=2.45402596.1788980774.1671555541-726101473.1622900989

Nowhere on the document says that one NOC has to include athletes already nominated. Spain may feel that 2 races over the course of a couple of days is too much and select 10 athletes: 6 for individual and 4 for team. it is completely ok to do so. 

Maybe they prefer to keep their strongest options to be relaxed for the team competition. In addition 1 team 

Have they indicated who will participate in which?

:KEN  have moved ahead of :CZE on the mixed 4x400m relay rankings. Result from yesterday in Nairobi. 

Current holders of the last two places for each relay and first below the line 

Mixed 4x400

:ITA:KEN  | :CZE 

Men’s 4x100

:BRA :TTO  | :NED 

Women’s 4x100

:ESP:BEL  | :CHN 

Men’s 4x400

:FRA:ZAM  | :JAM 

Women’s 4x400

:GER:CUB  | :FIN