website statistics

Summer Paralympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

1 minute ago, vinipereira said:

It seems like she underscored every other team and overscored :GBR. How is this even allowed? :lol:

I guess by the assumption that they are the masters of this event and shall remain undefeated for all times. :lol:

#banbestmen

@dcro is the final percentage the average of all five judge’s percentages, or do they do some sort of exclusion of high/low scores?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@dcro is the final percentage the average of all five judge’s percentages, or do they do some sort of exclusion of high/low scores?

Average of all five*.

The only exception comes when one judge's mark is 6% or more away from average of the other four. Still that leaves a room for abuse as exemplified by Leitch...

#banbestmen

interestingly Iran won two gold medals in Judo :yikes: (I assume first gold medal ever in this sport in Paralympics)

reading their interview, they both had hard time to find a training partner because nobody trains Judo in the country anymore because of the suspension. which is great, that's what everybody wanted. no more Judo.

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

interestingly Iran won two gold medals in Judo :yikes: (I assume first gold medal ever in this sport in Paralympics)

reading their interview, they both had hard time to find a training partner because nobody trains Judo in the country anymore because of the suspension. which is great, that's what everybody wanted. no more Judo.

Wait, what happened?

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Wait, what happened?

Iranian judo federation is suspended (for 4 years) and since everybody knows this suspension actually will last forever (even after that 4 years Iran won't participate in non-Asian tournaments) all Judokas are switching to other sports (Kurash, Jujitsu or Sambo) or simply quitting the sport. this has nothing to do with Paralympic Judo but still they have to train with normal judokas.

this is what everybody wanted. (inside or outside the country, IJF, the government here, everybody) so I assume everybody is happy now. except those poor judokas but who cares about them.