website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
39 minut temu, MHSN napisał:

well I just went to the next block buying something wearing a mask, that's the longest distance I can go these days. does it count ? :d

I had similar entertainment in March and April. Generally, I can recommend it to anyone :p.

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted

Welcome back :cheer:. I wasn't here a bit. But nothing has changed :p Finally, I found time to show off here, although in recent weeks and in the future I will not complain about the lack of boredom. What's up? :d

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
9 minut temu, bestmen napisał:

World Religions Ranking

watch the video until 2071 :hyper:

I expected a greater decline in Christianity. In addition, somehow these charts without surprises.

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread
Posted
10 godzin temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

Chernobyl. Now there’s the show of the year.

Of course. Only I, when I watch TV series, is really top shelf. Only rarely do I have time for it, hence the Soprano Family is in my waiting room. I've been taking it for 4 years to watch it, but something always stands in the way.

8 godzin temu, vinipereira napisał:

Netflix's Unbelievable is unbelievably good.

I read the description and I was intrigued by this series. I'll watch him. If it only has 8 episodes then now just find a good time to watch.

Posted
Przed chwilą, Olympian1010 napisał:

Well that’s harder to do because it’s on HBO. My one word review of episode one would be: huh?

HBO is not a problem, I get worse over time :(. I like to watch series from beginning to end in one go. I have also recently watched Chernobyl or the Polish series 'Principle of pleasure' on HBO, but it probably only has Czech and Ukrainian versions in other languages.

Posted
28 minut temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

So...anybody else catch the first episode of the Watchmen yet? 

I'm recording myself. I can watch at work if I have time. But I am not kidding that if I am interested I will absorb this whole series for one sitting.

[OFF TOPIC] Food & Drinks Thread
Posted
Przed chwilą, bestmen napisał:

especially if you run , during a hot day or when you eat something salty 82271689-le-smiley-jaune-isol%C3%A9-et-l

For training, I try to drink water or some energy drink. Recently, when I drank it, it was an addition to pizza. It's probably the cheapest to do it yourself. When it comes to salty food, I can eat, for example, a 500g packet of nuts and I don't feel like drinking.

[OFF TOPIC] Language Thread
Posted

My favorite poem is Carlos Drummond de Andrade's poem "The Flower and the Nausea". It barley beats our “The Terrorist He Watches”

I know Carlos Drummond de Andrade, but I've never met his work. I have to make up for this loss, but for now I have a lot of sports books to read and the entire Jo Nesbø series about Harrylm Hole.

Posted

Forget the author’s name :facepalm:, but the English version of the title is “The Terrorist He Watches”

It wasn't difficult, the author is Wisława Szymborska

Posted

My 2nd favorite poem is Polish by the way. 

:yikes:, what one?

I also like to read US literature from time to time. Now, for example, I read the last part about Robert Langdon Dan Brown.

Posted

Yeah Les Misérables is very much some of the groundwork for my political beliefs.

Something specific you like, or just your political ideal?

Posted
7 godzin temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

It’d be cool to read the book that my favorite play is based off in its native language.

(Les Mis for those who couldn’t guess. Les Mis is probably one of the 5 great literary works of all time, definitely in the top 3 ones)

Nice, because as I wrote the articles I had direct contact with what is being said in the French press. In addition, I had the opportunity to talk to Olivier Kapo and several cyclists before the Tour de Pologne stages.

I do not like musicals, but not knowing Les Misérables is a shame.

Posted

Based off this language I’m 95% @TomJa is secretly British. I love French, but just have no desire to learn it outside of a sports context.

My private goal was to learn to read L'Equipe and other French newspapers. Also, my favorite football league is Ligue 1.

Posted

I speak English and very broken Spanish. I feel you bro

I learned most of these languages myself. Slovak and Lithuanian exception, because I had neighbors from the players of Korona Kielce using it I wanted them to teach me something.

Posted
8 minut temu, AlFHg napisał:

People telling here that they can speak 10 languages while you cannot remember how to put accents in French:lol:

congrats to all of you!:bowdown:

French is a stupid language the first time you encounter it. I had to learn it to be able to get along in Paris or Rouen.

Posted
35 minut temu, Grassmarket napisał:

Just go back to Church Slavonic and admit that the last 1000 years has all been a terrible mistake.  :clap:

When I heard about this language for the first time - I had the same association :p.

Posted

Have you heard about the language called Inter-Slavic? If not, I recommend watching the video - there are subtitles in English as if you did not understand something.

Posted

I can easily help you with Polish, of course. In addition, I speak English, German, French fluently, I understand a lot of Italian, Czech and Slovak. Besides, I know Lithuanian basics. Once I wanted to learn Danish, but I passed it. For this I have a friend who speaks this language fluently. In a word, my brain covers a lot of languages and I often have "lags" in which of the languages I know I want to speak.

Posted
1 godzinę temu, hckosice napisał:

Haha, I can´t remember any, there obviously some words having different meaning, but nothing outragoeus :d

for example

Vedro is in SVK (Bucket) in CZE (Heat) or Topit is in SVK (drown) in CZE (stoke the fire) :lol:

I know we have such problematic words mainly with other slavic countries

with Poland is the most funny word Šukať/Szukat :lol: in POL it means (searching) in SVK/CZE it means doing...well,, (Fucking) :d I remember once when I was young and camping with my dad, we had a family of tourists from :POL in a tent next to us screaming the whole night, Szukaj ! Szukaj ! , I almost was pissing my pants how much I laughed that night, the next morning we learned that they were just looking for some lost watches :roflmao:

Also as I wrote it here somewhere a couple of weeks ago in :CRO you ask for cold drink "Hladna piča" but don´t say it in CZE/SVK because it means "you hungry cunt" :lol:

Polish language a difficult language :p.

I have a lot of experience with Slovak because I had a classmate from this country and she taught me how to communicate in this language. It came in handy 2 years ago, when I was the guardian of the Slovak team for Euro under 21 in Poland.

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted

When I look at the election results, I just wonder if this is a dream? I immediately say when it comes to my private attitude towards which party closer to me I will say that he adheres to the principle. That for many years I have been an apolitical man and despite the urging of many people, I did not go either to the left, to the right or in the middle. I am a man of Sport and I stick to it