website statistics

Alpine Skiing not being broadcast is really annoying considering that’s where the majority of NOCs will have a representative :( 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The IOC has the participation statistics at 78 NOCs and 1,802 athletes. Assuming all athletes/NOCs take part, we'll have one less NOC, but more athletes, than Lausanne 2020.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Both ski jumping competitions on Day 1 have been moved forward an hour from their original time.

The men's Super G on Sunday was pushed back 1 1/2 hours from the original start time.

7 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Did Lara Colturi withdraw?

It certainly looks like it. 

10 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

One male & one female if teams big enough.

:BEL:NED only had a single gender flagbearer.

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2024
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Jeez, K-Pop is buried beneath geological stratas worth of AutoTune!  :facepalm:

The third performer kind of showed us why…

And before the k-pop stans come for me, I appreciate the art form, but flat vocals are flat vocals no matter the singer.

Edited by Olympian1010

3 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Very meh, looks like they focused too much to the LED cauldron outside

Well, that is the public facing one :p

On 1/15/2024 at 3:23 PM, intoronto said:

Not them listing the actual home address of an athlete (wont list due to privacy) :facepalm:

I've also now stumbled upon a listed address while looking at bios sport by sport ahead of the Games :zip:

Some background on :NGR curling team from the BBC: https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/67974904

The quotes from the sports ministry are certainly less than ideal in terms of attitude, even if I understand the limitations.

It's kind of assuming that there will be three "dead" events on the alpine skiing program :p

I like that the sliding athletes are given a gratuitous amount training runs. The YOG is meant to be a bit of a learning/familiarization experience after all.

I was reading the "Competition Rules and Format" report for biathlon, and I noticed an interesting quota limitation. NOCs will be allowed to enter four athletes per gender in the Individual, but only two in the sprint. I have no idea why the IBU and/or IOC made that decision, but the document is very clear about it @heywoodu @RobtheAggie