website statistics
4 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I didn't expect much from anyone else, but Melo/Soares have had a fantastic year and everybody was counting on them. Well, I guess there's no use to complain now. 

With different partners. Wherever they paired up they lost in early rounds.

10 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

No medal in tennis for Brazil has got to be the biggest disappointment of the Olympics for us so far. The Olympics have been pretty rough for Brazil until now. I was not expecting stellar results, but this is way below my most modest expectations

Honestly, your players stood no chance of winning a medal except Melo and Soares, who got a really tough draw... :dunno: 

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

There were some close calls at crucial points in the game, with the calls going Spain's way.  As I said, there were no replays so I'm not sure if the wrong call was made.  But at least one of them looked to be ridiculous and right in front of the ump.  I would like to see replays, but can't seem to find them.  Oh well, hopefully they can refocus for the bronze game tomorrow.  

I had no idea there was no hawk-eye outside the Centre Court... Quite shocking, tbh. :yikes: 

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread
Posted
21 minutes ago, dareza said:

this was good preparation for OG. Novak was not that good, but good enough for the title (30. atp 1000) :yes

It was actually an awful tournament with poor level of play from all players in the draw.

3 minutes ago, stefanbg said:

Golfers and tennis players seem to be most vulnerable to the virus. There must be some mutation of it that attacks people with specific skills ;)

The richest athletes are the most threatened ones. That's why NBA players spend their time on their own yacht. :d